Saturday, October 3, 2015

No Spigot for You

The October Activity Calendar was posted to our doors yesterday, containing 30 days of blank spaces. The only activity is a Halloween Costume Pizza Party on the 20th.

After that last disastrous event, where only five residents attended, I can’t even pretend to care. So I dunno.

There’s also the fact I don’t eat cheese … can’t eat cheese … even the smell makes me nauseous.

I could hold my breath, so as to not smell the aroma of cheese in the room, and bring a salad OR I could drive to the Colonies Crossroads Center in Upland where there’s a parlor which -- when I get a taste for pepperoni pizza, makes a cheese less pie that is to die for.

My interest in attending depends upon how many residents sign up for the event.

We do have a lot of new residents. They’ve not yet had time to become jaded, so they might turn out. I myself am looking forward to the Halloween potluck breakfast hosted by the residents themselves. THAT was not on the calendar, so I’m assuming the Activity Director wanted nothing to do with our event and those hosting will be going rogue.

Along with the calendar posted to our doors, was a notice:

“Due to the drought, we will be eliminating
the water spigot in the patios.
Please remove your hoses.”

How insulting.

Only the downstairs units have water spigots on their patios and very few residents appear to be plant people. So the fact management doesn’t trust those few seniors to honor the drought, not excessively water plants on their patios, and actually are removing the spigots is beyond insulting. It’s treating the seniors like children.

The Community Room is available to residents only during staff office hours -- Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 5:00.

There was an incident two weeks ago when I went down and found the office and Community Room locked up tighter than a drum, with a notice posted on the door that office and Community Room hours would be 1:00 to 4:00 until further notice.

We were back to regular hours the very next day.

Why?

There was a flurry of furious phone call by residents to Corporate and various agencies.

I imagine phones are once again ringing about this impending ridiculousness.





There are workarounds, like watering cans -- unless management outlaws them as well; and there’s the option of doing what I use to do when into plants, I’d put them in the tub and give them a shower. So, management removing the spigots and cementing the hole will avail nothing, except piss the seniors off even more than they already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment