Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Early Risers

Returning from a short walk this morning, passed my across-the-quad neighbor (the woman who decorates her patio for every season, every holiday) heading out with her husband (the Head Maintenance Man).

“Honey, are you alright?” she asks. “I saw your light go on at 4:30 this morning. I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

In a way it’s kinda sweet she’s looking out for me. In another way it’s like geesh … old people don’t miss much.

And what was SHE doing up at 4:30?

Actually, I was wide awake and raring to go at 3:30 this morning. However, inasmuch as it was way too early to be awake, I lay in bed hoping to go back to sleep.

It didn’t happen so, at 4:30, I got up and began seizing the day with, first, meditation and then browsing the internet until it was light enough outside to go for a walk.

There won’t be a whole lot of seizing as I’ve no errands to run today, no time-consuming housework, the complex office is closed due to staff training -- which means the Community Room is locked up, so it’s going to be a quiet day of needlepoint and meal planning.

Week 19 of Clean Eating and I’m still stuck at an 11.5 weight loss. However, I’m burning up with energy. So much so that I’ve registered for three 5Ks this month, two of which are back-to-back ... Run 4 Bacon on Saturday the 24th, Monster Run on Sunday the 25th. The following weekend I’m out of town for the Halloween 5K. Plus, I’ve lost 3.5 inches overall.

I’m not happy with having to do all this cooking, and I’ve learned why they call it “Clean Eating”. It’s because eating healthy is expensive – “cleans” out your bank account. However, talking to some of the residents around here, learning about all the doctor visits, the operations, the high cost of their medications, clean eating is worth every penny.

Backing up a bit … yes, I decided to do the rescheduled Bacon Run after all.

What sold me was a bacon print sports lycra stretch fabric (suitable for leggings), I found online.



Running across the fabric and, due to the event being rescheduled, having time to make the leggings was like a sign.

I also found bacon duct tape, so I can temporarily convert my Captain America backpack into a bacon backpack.



Looking at the final product, I think I should have let the tape hang over the side to look like slabs of bacon, rather than cut them off. I may go back and add a few hanging ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment