Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Full Quad

It’s getting crowded in the carport area, which is an indication of how many new residents have moved into the complex.

The space to my right is still available, but there’s a car with Arizona plates in the space to my left.

I think it might be the new neighbor’s car, the woman who just took the vacant unit in my quad -- upstairs, across, to the left, next door to the Maintenance Man and his wife, above the Nosey Neighbor.




On Saturday, returning from picking up the race package for last Sunday’s Spooktacular 5K, I saw her moving in. Well, not exactly her, but the guys moving her in.

Nosey Neighbor, the Maintenance Man’s Wife and I were just talking about her the day before. The ladies were wondering where she was, if she’d changed her mind about taking the unit, because she was to have moved in three weeks ago. My guess was she’s probably coming to us from out-of-state, as I’m finding so many are – from out-of-state that is, and migrating from Los Angeles due to the spiraling out-of-control rent in L.A.

My next door neighbor, the one who moved into the deceased neighbor’s unit, came from North Carolina.

The writer of Christian Literature, the woman who originally shielded herself from me, is also from out-of-state. Previously, she was living in an unsafe neighborhood in Alabama or Arkansas (I forget which), where she was so in fear of her neighbors that she says she became a recluse, a virtual prisoner in her own home, afraid to venture out.

When I asked how she found this particular complex, being as how she was so far away, the answer was “On the internet”, same as the neighbor from North Carolina.

That’s pretty adventurous to take a place sight-unseen. Could have found themselves duped and disappointed. However, viewing the complex’ online profile, everything said and shown is accurate. I also checked for negative reviews and found nothing negative only that someone had posted it’s nice, quiet and “I don't bother with the activities, but I do swim in their pool.”

LOL.

This thing with the writer of Christian Literature being fearful of former neighbors may explain why she was so closed and guarded at first. It still doesn’t explain why she was at first seemingly closed off only to me, but now that the wall is down, she’s all friendly, open, and like Chatty Cathy.

I didn’t get a look at the new woman in my quad until Sunday.

Returning from the Spooktacular 5K as she was heading out for a smoke, having not seen her before, I assumed correctly it was she walking through the quad towards the gate, introduced myself and welcomed her.

This is a no smoking property. Smokers must walk out the gate and COMPLETELY off the property to smoke or risk a lease violation.

The new neighbor seems quiet and, thankfully, no barking dog. In fact, the only pet she appears to have is a wooden dog she’s decorated the patio with.



No comments:

Post a Comment