Thursday, October 1, 2015

Flashbacks

Yesterday, in the Community Room, I’d commented on how Complex Manager Nurse Ratched -- after ignoring and looking through me ever since her corporation took over management of the complex, has all of a sudden been smiling at me, acknowledging me, speaking pleasantly to me, acting like we’re old friends.

I said that if she was being nice because she wanted a goodbye party if and when she ever left -- like we did for the Assistant Manager, she was out of luck. My plan was to throw a party alright, but after she left, to celebrate her being gone – which doesn’t look like anytime soon or ever.

However, the resident identified in this blog as "Apache" advised she was being nice because Corporate is finally paying attention to the many complaints of how abusive she is to the elderly, that she is “rude”, she is “nasty”, does not relate well, is not a people person, and Corporate has assigned an employee to “shadow” her.

I’d actually observed a woman walking with Nurse Ratched upon occasion, but did not realize she was another new employee and for sure didn’t know her job was to watch Nurse Ratched.

I said it seemed kind of silly to walk WITH Nurse Ratched because, of course, she was going to put on her I’m Nice Face under those circumstances. The better way to proceed would be the method utilized by my jealous insecure ex-husband. I’d say I was going to the Library and, as I left the Library and headed to my car, out of the corner of my eyes I’d see him hiding behind a corner of the building spying on me.

I’d go to church. He’d not go with me, but all of a sudden during the sermon, the usher would come up and say I was wanted. I’d step out and there my psycho husband would be, wearing his cop uniform. He didn’t want anything. He just wanted to let me know he was making sure I was where I said I would be.

After attending a night class at the local college, I’d return home and he’d repeat to me word-for-word portions of the teacher’s lecture during the time he’d worn his uniform to the college, got information on my class room, and had stood at the door spying on me.

Of course, the craziness went far beyond paranoid checking on my whereabouts but, the fact I outwitted, outplayed, outsmarted and escaped the situation by the skin of my teeth is a long story and tale for another time.

Point is, THAT sneaking concealed method is the only way Corporate is going to catch Nurse Ratched in one of her screaming yelling fits.

Nurse Ratched hates Apache. I mean she really HATES him. Mainly because he challenges her and constantly files complaints against her. Consequently, several of her screaming fits have been directed towards Apache for whatever minor infractions she can come up with. That being the case, Apache is trying to think of something he can do to cause her to lose it in front of the woman assigned to shadowing her.

ROFLMAO!

Elsewhere on the complex, last I spoke of Harmless Flirty Guy, he was extremely depressed – wouldn’t come out of his unit, wouldn’t communicate. He finally worked through whatever was troubling him, checked into the Community Room a couple times, even took The Seer -- his special lady friend, out for her birthday. Now I hear he’s hospitalized with a leg and both ankles broken.

It is unknown at this time as to HOW he managed to break two ankles and a leg. It wasn’t a traffic accident. He’s not that old, but I can’t imagine him jogging or playing sports. He did gain an enormous amount of weight. That could be a factor along with I’ve heard of people with poor bone density breaking something through the simple act of taking a step.

Not expected to be mobile for at least six months, his daughter is caring for his little dog, and his two sons are in the process of clearing out his unit, saying he’s not doing well and will not be returning.

Young as he is, early 60's, I have a sense Harmless Flirty Guy has given up on life and just wants it to be done.

Sad.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think Flirty Guy tried to commit suicide? Sounds like he's depressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting you've come up with that scenario, because HOW he hurt himself is shrouded in mystery. His family will not give any information as to HOW as though something bad happened and they're hiding it. His lady friend, the Seer, also thinks it was something of that nature.

      Delete