Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Lying Liar

First used on facebook by a friend describing the orange guy, I’ve fallen in love with that phrase “lying liar”, only that’s not who I’m referring to.

This is about the FedEx guy or gal who didn’t deliver the bike on Monday because, as was posted on tracking “Delivery exception. Customer not available or business closed”.

First of all, we are not a business. We are an apartment complex.

Secondly, this customer was available ... she waited all day.

Thirdly, even though the office was closed for MLK Day, FedEx has a code. I see them driving through the gate all the time, at all hours into the late evening. Plus, there is a call box to reach the resident.

But okay, delivery was changed to today, so I yet again waited.

Nothing.

Along about 4:30, I checked tracking and found a delivery exception posted at 3:02, “Customer not available or business closed”.

Lying liar.

I was sitting right here and the office was open until 4:00.

Thinking this is a situation of someone not wanting to do their job of lugging a heavy box up the stairs, knowing that when he or she fails to do their job tomorrow, using that same lame excuse, the item will most likely be returned or I’ll get a notice to pick up myself, I decided to lodge a complaint with FedEx. I didn’t say the driver was a lying liar, but I did say he or she was incorrect about this being a business and my not being available.

Person taking the complaint said they'd make a notation to the driver that this is not a business and to leave the item at the door.

Duh and duh!

If he or she had actually driven to the complex, they'd know it's not a business, and isn't leaving the item at the door what they're suppose to do?

Hopefully the fact that I called in will spur the driver into doing his/her job and tomorrow -- third time, will be the charm.

Stuck indoors waiting, I not only was not able to take advantage of the MLK holiday to gather PokémonGo game tools, I’ve also not been able to run errands and take care of business ahead of the storm expected to arrive late Wednesday, run through Thursday and Friday.

I did make it downstairs today to pick up mail, drop off trash and ran into the Cranky Neighbor.

"Did your parking situation get resolved".

"Yes. Not the one I wanted, but yes".

"Where?"

"No. 153".

Happy she’d been assigned far and away from me, I failed to ask which was the one she wanted. But, before I could walk away, she began expressing how unhappy she is with the way things are done in California, as opposed to New York, and the fact that she drove all the way to the post office on Monday, found it closed, doors open, but no forms in the counter area.

Mercifully, the Nosey Neighbor walked over to hand Cranky an envelope she'd seen her drop. I took it as an opportunity to make my escape, and left Nosey to listen to the rest of Cranky's complaints.

1 comment:

  1. You might consider calling today. Emailing today too.

    ReplyDelete