Sunday, January 22, 2017

Another Day, Another Flash Flood Warning

Angel tears flowed from Heaven all day yet again, and I’m getting more flash flood warnings than what seems to be necessary.

Those warnings, whether they come through the television or the cellphone, are terrifying, but not for the reason you think.

It’s because the loud buzzing sound comes so unexpectedly, out of nowhere.

I jump and blood rushes to my head every single time, causing my head to hurt for quite a long time after. I’m tempted to disable emergency notifications from my phone but anything can happen at any time, requiring evacuation or, as in the case of that terror attack we had in the area, lock your doors and stay inside, so disabling doesn’t seem the wise thing to do.

Taking advantage of the angels having a day off from their crying yesterday, I got grocery shopping off my list and then headed for the drive-thru Starbucks.

Looks like the Department of Public Works is taking precautions, since the road to the drive-thru gets flooded and drivers thinking "Oh that's not so deep" get stuck.




I wasn't gonna get there from here. So, instead of heading home to make my own from that pound, I backtracked to the walk-in because I wanted to treat myself and because the walk-in has not one, but two PokéStops.

Looking at the Facebook page of the local newspaper, I’m feeling pretty fortunate here in my unit, snug as a bug in a rug, while the chaos of flooding and power outages rage around me. And looking out the patio window, I see one of the homes on the hill is making some sort of neon statement.




I first noticed it after New Years, thought it might have something to do with a Jewish Holiday, but it doesn't look like the Star of David, it's a star ... period.

Wonder what it means?

7 comments:

  1. "Angel tears from Heaven", I like that. There's certainly been a lot to cry about lately. We'll soon find out how Trump views Canada from atop his ivory tower. He's scheduled to meet with our Prime Minister soon, who, by the way is just a baby. He's no match for Donald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those tears from Heaven DID start after the orange guy won the election, which says a lot. And I dunno about your PM not being a match, because the orange guy's mentality IS that of a child, but good luck to your PM getting out and away uninfected.

      Delete
    2. You have a point there. Justin should be able to hold his own. Here's hoping the orange guy doesn't try to grab Sophie's you know what (Trudeaus' wife). She's very attractive.

      Delete
    3. ROFLMAO! I was thinking it's a good idea your PM isn't female, now you tell me there's an attractive wife involved. Here's hoping she knows to stand beyond grasping distance.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. On a good day, I've been able to make it to the top of the hill, but there are two roads up and my days of walking to the top are over. I could drive but I looked at google map trying to locate, and one cannot tell which road, which house. I even checked the local news outlet, but found no mention. Maybe I'll post photo to facebook to see if anyone knows, because I'm very curious.

      Delete