Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Just Because

Apache called me to come down to the Community Room this afternoon because, “I have something for you.”

I’m one of those people who, unless I’m meditating, I can’t just sit and do nothing. So, when I first started hanging out in the Community Room with the folks, I’d work on a puzzle. It quickly became a group effort -- I’d leave it in the Community Room, come back next day and find others had put pieces in place.

At Friday’s potluck, The Baker asked about my choosing another puzzle from the hoard of puzzles in the game room and setting it up.

“There’s nothing in there that interests me … a bunch of cats and houses, and I only enjoy Indians. Besides, the puzzle board has disappeared.”

So that was a “no”.

What Apache had for me this afternoon was a brand new 1,000 piece puzzle saying, “I heard you say you only like Indians”.





I’m pretty sure he’s over his crush and got it for me just because.

As soon as The Baker can get her husband to make us another puzzle tray (turns out Nurse Ratched tossed the other), I’ll be spending less time in my unit and a lot more time in the Community Room because, once I get started on a puzzle, it becomes an all day obsession.

That’s not to say I’ll be giving up on my latest needlepoint project – AMC’s Walking Dead character Michonne. Needlepoint too is an obsession, so I’ll just split my time.




Also while in the Community Room, I overheard someone say, “I’m sick and tired of all this Road to Rio stuff on television. When is this Olympics thing over?”

Someone replied, “It hasn’t even started yet.”

LOL. The resident who’s sick and tired of it has a long way to go.

I feel her pain, however. I feel the same about all the political stuff on television.



2 comments:

  1. Boy do I agree about the politics. Looking forward to the Olympics tho. Our friend Duck did large needlework pieces. We have a few and cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm torn about the Olympics, but if I happen to channel surf to a speed skating event, I'll watch that. Right now, I'm into Tour de France. That's been fascinating me for years.

      Delete