After saying I had no plans to attend yesterday’s luncheon, I went; but only because the Baker called that morning, said "I don’t know if you’re coming down for the luncheon, but someone wants to say hello".
I assumed (correctly) it was her great granddaughter, whom I’ve watched grow into an accomplished young lady over the years, coming to give me a hug because of that thing I can’t allow myself to think or talk about.
This is she back in 2013 at our Cookie Decorating event.
This is she in 2019, scrambling eggs for the Community Breakfast.
This is she now, getting ready to graduate high school, already college bound …… accepted into a prestigious Baptist University, focus on the aeronautics program (plans to be a commercial pilot because she was told she’s too small to pilot for the military).
She’s packed quite a few accomplishments into her back pocket. Just to name a few …… in 2024 she got her pilot’s license, driver’s license in 2025 (she was certified to fly planes before she learned to drive a car), played violin in the high school band, was on the cheer squad, has travelled to England; and, backtracking to cars, she drives a BMW, which I assume is a graduation present.
When I graduated high school, I got a bus schedule. Not a pass, just the schedule.
I hadn’t planned to stay any longer than it took to receive the hug, but the Baker announced an Easter Egg Hunt.
Several residents brought their grandchildren to the luncheon, plus we had the Baker’s great granddaughter, teen great grandson and a teen friend of the two.
Believe it or not, young and old got excited at the idea of hunting for candy filled plastic eggs.
I myself began looking under my chair, then decided just to watch/take photos for the residents' FB page.
There were no eggs under tables/chairs; Instead, plastic eggs had been hidden in the Community Room blinds ……
Hidden along the corridor to the Game Room behind planters, inside the pamphlet holder, on the top edge of picture frames.
![]() |
| That's MAGA |
Inside the Game/Library/Computer Room.
On the outside patio in corners, in planters.
One adult found an egg on the patio inside the BBQ grill.
It was a fun thing to watch, after which I headed back to my unit.
The Baker looked exhausted, told me "I have to slow down" as the responsibility of hosting bingo and events is wearing her down. Then, in the next breath, said she’s planning a Memorial Day BBQ.
She had a team to help her but, with team members moving/passing away, it's basically she, Talker, their family members doing the work.
Crafty Lady was a member of the team, but the Baker tells me "She’s very ill". Something about having her heart shocked to get it on rhythm, a medical device that I recall the Baker said was now not IN her chest, but ON her chest to monitor heart rhythm, and it’s not going well.
Nurse Linda in Kansas: You can probably tell me more about what that device might be. I want to say defibrillator, but I’m not sure I’m remembering what I was told correctly.
Painted Rock Lady, not in the best of shape her own self, has helped the Baker with things and MAGA, still on her campaign to redeem herself, has stepped in to help, as have others, including Dream Lover, because they know the Baker loves doing this.
So, even if it eventually kills her, the Baker will drag her worn body around to provide the seniors with bingo and events.
Speaking of Dream Lover, I haven’t seen him in weeks. I’ve seen Lu plenty, but no Dream Lover.
Is he hospitalized …… away on vacation …… found another sweetheart …… or has he once again tired of Lu's constant touching/rubbing and is taking a little break?
My inquiring mind wants to know, so I may have to pop into Kesha Tuesday to get the tea.







If it's not an implant, it could be A cardiac event monitor, also called an ambulatory ECG monitor, is a small, wearable device that tracks your heart rate and rhythm over days to weeks, sometimes even months. Unlike a standard ECG performed in a clinic, which captures heart activity at a single moment, an event monitor records sporadic or infrequent arrhythmias, helping doctors diagnose irregular heartbeats that occur only occasionally.
ReplyDeleteEven though I was a psych RN most of my career, I still had to take care of medical issues that rolled in the door and we had all kinds, believe me. Psychotic with a-fib and all sorts of fun combinations.
I'm assuming MAGA was just that? I don't remember her before. Is she still?
It's been fun watching the cracks forming and hopefully an implosion coming with Noem and Bondi flying out the door. Woo-Hoo! Sadly, the replacements will be no better.
Maybe Dream Lover is on vacation from women for a hot minute? Though he doesn't sound like the type that would stay away too long. Who knows?
Happy Easter.
Paranormal John
Thanks for the breakdown, John. Sounds scary for Crafty Lady. I don't think MAGA has changed her colors. Probably just going on the downlow because things are not looking good for her to continue supporting the Asshole in Chief. I am loving Noem's husband purportedly using the services of a prostitute and the photo of him wearing huge breasts. Instead of killing dogs and pointing fingers at others, Noem should have been managing what's going on in her own household. I'll be sure to find out what's up with Dream Lover.
DeletePeople had to work hard to get those eggs.
ReplyDeleteThey were soooo serious about finding them, LOL. Fortunately, I don't think anyone did not find an egg or there would have been some hurt feelings.
DeleteAnd News Flash. The Baker tells me it was the Manager and Assistant Manager who helped her out by hiding the eggs.
DeleteBaker's great-granddaughter is an impressive young woman! I hope she makes a good career and a good life for herself. And yes, better that you didn't personally participate in the Easter Egg Hunt because with your Christmas-Elf-Spotting-Skills, you would have had an unfair advantage over every one else!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I did spot a few and pointed them out to the kid nearest me at the time.
DeleteI imagine an Easter egg hunt is right up your alley, Queen of the Sleuths. You must have loved watching them all search while you spotted them quickly. Baker must be so proud of her beautiful great-granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteI had a ball watching and yes, Baker is very proud of her great granddaughter. So am I.
DeleteWhat an amazing young girl.
ReplyDeleteShe gives me hope for the future.
Amazing and votes Blue.
DeleteBest part!!!!
DeleteI wouldn't give her the time of day if she had grown up and done otherwise.
DeleteWhat an accomplished young woman! And what fun watching the hunt.
ReplyDeleteI think the adults enjoyed the hunt even more than the kids did.
DeleteIn these crazy, chaotic times it’s nice to see a good old Easter egg hunt. And to read about that impressive young lady and her accomplishments and goals. I was glad to see that you went to the party. Hugs xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteYep, the psych RN guessed what's happening to the heart. It is interesting to hear lay people describe what they medically thought occured. If her heart had not stopped in the hospital but went into an incorrect rhythm, sometimes the docs preplan to try and shock it back (yep, the defibrilator) into a normal rhythm. Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't. One-third of people can feel it going back into a wrong rhythm. They stand there and go "uh-oh". It doesn't sound like she has a heart pumping assist on the exterior. A monitor is good for the docs to catch "when" a change happens and what the human was doing at the time. She may qualify for a pacemaker eventually.
ReplyDeleteI would have never guessed that annoying doorknocker gal would become so accomplished. Time flies! And when she flies, I envision her pulling up to a MAGA plane, and knocking on it's window to get out of the skies.
Gee. The management helped with a party?! Glad you stopped by to monitor the adults being kids. Linda in Kansas
Thanks for the diagnosis. You and Paranormal John are on it! "Doorknocker gal" also known as Knock Knock is a different child, Talker's granddaughter. She's matured to where she doesn't stalk me any longer, but does still run and give me a hug (which I don't mind) when she catches me outside. The young lady pictured above, the one flying planes/headed to college is the Baker's great granddaughter. I don't know what got into Manager that she's being nice. Hopefully it lasts.
DeleteIt's fun watching the little grow up and change over the years.
ReplyDeleteThey grow sooooo fast.
DeleteI saw a really cute article about an easter egg treasure hunt for adults and older kids. I sent it to my DIL since all the grands are getting older. I must say your young friend has done well for herself. I'm so glad for her.
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun and funny to watch how serious the old folks were about finding eggs and, when the hunt was announced, one young visitor actually jumped up from his chair, threw his arms in the air. He was so excited, LOL.
DeleteSounds like it went so well, and my, that Young Lady has grown up so fast!!! As they tend to do and I know her Family must be SO Proud of all of those early accomplishments. I didn't get a Graduation Vehicle either Shirley, my Family were rather Poor, we just didn't know it... as I recall I got a small Stereo Unit that my Parents made Payments on, they always tried very hard to give us what they could and make it seem like we had more affluence than we actually did, coz Mom was so savvy at knowing The Good Stuff and my Dad resourceful enuf to make most of what we wore and what Mom saw on TV and just had him look at and then build from Memory. When the Tea gets spilled on Dream Lover, I'll come for Tea. *Winks*
ReplyDeleteI'll take one for the team, head down to whatever nothing Kesha has going for Tuesday, so I can catch up on Dream Lover's tea 👂
Delete