Monday, December 8, 2025

On the 8th Day of Christmas

Out of eggs this morning, it was like Oh, goodie. I have to go to the market.

I settled for potatoes and a faux sausage patty, made from ground turkey, which I make ahead and keep in the fridge for as needed. Then, after my morning ritual, suited up, headed out to hunt the elf.

Detouring through the office to turn in recertification paperwork, I checked the bulletin board and found an Activity Calendar for this month.

So that’s how it is now. Instead of emailing, as they said they would for those of us who’ve signed up for Rent Café, and instead of posting to our doors as was the previous practice, management prints one copy, posts that copy to the bulletin board.

In addition to saving money by not hosting events for us, I guess they’re saving money by printing only one copy of the Activity Calendar.

Speaking of events, I saw on the calendar that, on Kesha Tuesday, December 2nd, "Hot Cocoa, Cookies".

Today being Crafts Monday, I saw the Usual Suspects in the Community Room and asked did Hot Cocoa, Cookies actually happen.

Not exactly, I was told. There were cookies, but no cocoa. It turned into cookies and pizza.

That’s at least something. A pathetic something, but better than a bag of potato chips.

Scanning the Calendar to see what if anything management was doing about a Christmas celebration, what I found was another Kesha Tuesday thing — "Tuesday, December 16th, 12:00 am – 1:30 pm, Social: End of Year Winter Celebration, Join us for a festive end-of-year holiday celebration with the whole community!".

Yeah, sure, and I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Of course I’ll check it out for blog fodder but, unless it lives up to the hype, I’m not wasting much time in the room and I won't be signing Kesha's attendance sheet.

Finally making my way to the market (my regular store), I found they too displayed no signage to say there was an hidden elf.

Nevertheless, just in case, I kept my eyes out as I moved along and VOILA! As I turned the corner by Dairy, there he was.




I hope this lack of signage is not an indication they’re losing interest in promoting this tradition, that they might drop it altogether next year — no hidden elf, but time will tell.

Linda in Kansas: I see Travis is catching a lot of heat. You know I’m not a fan of Kelsie … I sense he’s pompous, arrogant, and I don’t like how he treated his ex-girlfriend; he went Black and then went back. Nevertheless, despite my not being a fan, I just want you to know his latest trials/tribulations are not my doing. I’ve not focused bad things for him, no voodoo doll, my hands are clean. Maybe it’s the ex-girlfriend working her Black Girl Magic or the hundreds/thousands of others who don’t appreciate how he treated a Black Queen.

All in all, sorry not sorry.

21 comments:

  1. The elf on the shelf. How fitting today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with your elf is that he fell forward. When falling backwards, can't say the floor needed a hug. Maybe you were checking the ceiling. 😉

      Delete
  2. I believe that you are the Elf Spotter .... it took me a minute even looking at the picture to find the damned little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣I figured someone would have trouble spotting it in the first photo. My secret is to look for something red.

      Delete
  3. I see the Elf is hangin' with the chickens . . . waiting for egg nog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall correctly, they once had him propped up with eggnog.

      Delete
  4. I think you might be right about the end of Elf on a Shelf. I can't see any other reason for them not to put the sign up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that's the way the world is going now. No one wants to put much effort into doing things.

      Delete
  5. I wonder if someone in Corporate was gung-ho on the Elf and then left the company or moved to a different department?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible. I've seen and experienced the effect of those kinds of changes when I was working in Corporate America.

      Delete
  6. I wondered when the Elf would pop up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well look what the cat drugged in. How are you? I'll have to check your site.

      Delete
    2. I have been under the weather with surgery last week.

      Delete
  7. Great elf spotting, as usual. I missed it in the photo until you blew it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like our Jerk President, at least your management in misbehaving consistently. How rude to not properly notify about events. Sorry, being an ignorant white person, I'm not familiar with what Travis Kelce did to his previous gal. I think he's sad cuz he's getting older and less talented at football. Yea, TS takes some energy, but the Chiefs are pretty poopy all around his year. QB Patrick Mahomes won't let go of the ball, the other team attacks him and Trav, and all of the receivers get hurt, and refs are in another world. They both own a new super expensive steak restaurant here, so they'll survive. Mahomes owns some WhataBurger restaurants, and part of the successful women's soccer team. They'll survive. Trav must be good at something, per TS. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say Travis wasn't kind to his ex when Taylor came along and he had the opportunity to upgrade. I'm sure he'll rebound and continue to be successful in life, probably as a commentator. It's just nice to see him currently fumbling, being told he's old, just not getting the kind of attention he's accustomed to.

      Delete
  9. Perhaps. it would help if you commented each time to the checker how much fun you get out of looking for the elf, and, if the opportunity presents itself mention it to any parent who is walking around with children?
    Are you doing a gingerbread house this year- we are, and I'm reminding myself to use the homemade "glue" made of egg white and powdered sugar for hard
    cement! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be hard for the checkers to miss how shoppers young and old enjoy looking for the elf. But one of the checkers and I are extra friendly with each other (she worked with Trainer when he was a kid. Always asks about my workouts, recently spoke about getting physical therapy). Next time I see her, I'm going to ask why no signage. I'm looking forward to another gingerbread house, but all the fun kits are cookie builds, so I'm not sure I want to do a cookie build I saw and liked, or settle for a gingerbread house I'm less enthused about but more comfortable trying to build.

      Delete
  10. At least they had pizza and cookies. At least they had something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't have killed Kecia to give them water or coffee to drink .... wash the cookies and pizza down.

      Delete