Tuesday, December 23, 2025

Mystery Solved

It’s rocks.

The landscapers returned yesterday, began placing tarp over the dirt that used to be grass.


They returned this morning, began placing rocks over the tarp that used to be dirt that used to be grass.


Other than that, it seems my life of quiet and reflection has returned after a week of twice waking up at 3 am and once at midnight to let Twin 1 into the gate, attending Tuesday’s Management hosted Christmas Party, Friday’s Residents’ Hosted Christmas Party, and manufacturing needs from the grocery store so I could hunt for the elf.

I’d actually planned to attend Saturday’s Breakfast with Santa, but couldn’t pull myself together in time.

With no plans to get on the road, travel to Long Beach, spend time with the Great Grandbabies, for all intents and purposes the hoopla of the Holiday season is over as I return to my regular schedule.

Though I managed to keep my hunts for the elf current on FB and Instagram, so much was going on that I didn’t get to post the hunts here on the blog.

On the 16th Day of Christmas, I was in a hurry, had just popped in for celery, as I was making potato salad, didn't put a lot of effort into hunting and just happened to spot Holly as I was about to leave without finding.


Evidently, elves need TP just like us humans.

On the 18th Day of Christmas, I was working the perimeters of the market, recording section by section, when I finally spotted Holly.


Do you see her?

On the 21st Day of Christmas, store management got tricky with it.


In case you missed it, the first video captured Holly fishing over the fresh fish.




That was cute.

The second video finds Holly hanging on for dear life over Produce.




That's probably it for Holly. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I doubt I'll be making another trip to hunt before she has to pack her bags, meet up with the other elves to help Santa prep for his midnight run.

22 comments:

  1. I love how they find fun places to put the elf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be challenging for them, but I hope they enjoy hiding as much as we enjoy finding.

      Delete
  2. Given what a crapola year 2025 has been, I'm surprised that holly isn't draped over a big bottle of Jim Beam! Reading your blog this year has been a lot of fun, Shirley, so thank you for the LOLs! Merry Xmas and best wishes to you for 2026.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know my simple unassuming life has brought joy and laughter in an insane world. There's one more day before Holly's gone, so who knows ... she might be posed with Jim Beam, get warm before she heads back to the cold.

      Delete
  3. I love Holly’s last position hanging from the ceiling. Do you suppose the landscapers will be back to plant low-water desert plants? That would be nice. I’m not going to tell you what I read the first time through the “had just popped ‘in for celery’” sentence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt we'll get any plants other than the desert plants we already have. As soon as I get a visa, I'll head on over to Cordova to have SanG sign my book, LOL. I've read over the celery line a couple times, can't imagine how you read it and would love to know.

      Delete
    2. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and if I still had one, don't see myself going to the market to have it popped.

      Delete
  4. Is there a prize for finding her every day, like a year's supply of free groceries? Naaaaahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That elf gets around and I would tear the store apart just looking for her!
    Have a Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goddamn rocks! They're so popular as a labour-free landscaping device. And I couldn't find Holly in either one of your photos! Enjoy your Christmas peace and quiet, now that the hoopla's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all silent night holy night but with rain and flash flood warnings right now. Happy Christmas my friend.

      Delete
  7. Wouldn't you just love stockings like Holly is wearing?! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I actually do have Christmas socks like Holly's.

      Delete
  8. Gravel rather than Grass can be a pain in the Ass to keep off Sidewalks so that folks don't take falls becoz of it, especially us older unsteadier folks who a pebble or rock can easily throw off balance. So, I'm rather surprised they swapped out Grass for Gravel in a Senior Living Community. I remember you always posting about the hiding Elf, I saw them doing that at one of our "Trader Joe's" Locations and I never spotted it, don't know if they gave out prizes if you did??? It's a Fun Tradition. Merry Christmas my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing about rocks falling onto the walkway, causing seniors to trip and fall. Trader Joe getting into the elf fun is so cool. We get little candy canes from the cashier when tell them where we found the elf. I usually don't collect, just hunt for fun. BUT, if they were giving out chocolate instead of peppermint, I'd take it.

      Delete
  9. I thought Holly would be in the alcohol at least one day! Good thing the fire marshal didn’t see her attached to the sprinkler head.
    Boo to rocks. They’re a problem to maintain and add nothing to the environment. Weeds still grow up through them.
    Best wishes for a peaceful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing all the weather reports out of San Bernardino county for flooding. I figure you are on high ground and safe, but came by to check if you had posted anything about the wild and crazy weather. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now got around to posting about that storm. It was flash floods all day into the night. Fortunately, I was snug as a bug. Happy Merry to you and yours.

      Delete