Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Recalculating

To Green or Not to Green was question of the day, as I dressed to check out Activity Directors latest offering.

The activity calendar showed "St. Patrick’s Day Treats 12 Noon".

Friday being St. Patrick’s Day proper, and not a bingo Friday, today was my last chance to wear my shamrock top and newly acquired green lipstick.

I’d done my nails up in green days ago.

Any color other than red on my lips is a bold departure for me, but I stepped out of my comfort zone and did the thing.



Activity Director did a nice job on the little gift bag she handed out at the bait and switch "Valentine Party" that turned out to be a class on how to control blood pressure, so I was anxious to see how today’s gift bag turned out and if there was a codicil attached — another class.

I never got to find out.

As I headed towards the main building — in the rain, as it began just as I was heading out, I was met by a resident coming out of the building who said, "You might as well turn around. It’s been cancelled".

She filled me in on the Activity Director being upset because she did not get money to purchase supplies for the gift bags in time.

"If she'd said so in advance, I would have bought something so they (the seniors) could have had something", the resident said.

If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you know it’s not the first time management dropped the ball and an AD did not get money for supplies in time.

Had this resident stepped in, footed the bill herself, that too would not have been a first time thing when management dropped a ball.

Of course, it would have been nice to be told of the cancellation in advance, as soon as AD knew she'd not be handing out gift bags, not just because one of us residents would have stepped in, but because the resident said quite a few others had shown up early and waited, only to be told of the cancellation when AD arrived to drop off the Pizzas (today is also Pizza Tuesday).

Also not a one-time occurrence, this sitting and waiting before being told of a cancellation, and is one reason why I'd stopped going to events hosted by ADs.

So, anyway, like I said, it was raining. Rather than continue inside, see if others had greened up for the occasion, I recalculated — turned back, changed out of the shamrock tee and will have to wait for a better outcome next year, as I switch to munching on popcorn while catching up on recorded TV programs.

30 comments:

  1. In spite of management, you look like a friendly leprechaun gave you a nice long kiss! Maybe the management banks at Silicon Valley Bank!? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that happening, but.....damn, you look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, crap! And you looked stunning in your green lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked really Good with a Bold Choice like that! I forgot it was even St. Patrick's Day until you just now reminded me. Not a lot of Irish around these parts I guess. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall correctly, your ancestry report came up with some unknown. Maybe it's Irish, LOL, and there's still time to wear the green for you because the actual day is this coming Friday.

      Delete
    2. Actually my Maternal Nanna was Irish and Married a Welsh Gypsy, my Gran-Gran. Mom's side showed up, it's Dad's side that had the 21% they couldn't figure out and even had some weird small percentiles in there like Turkish and Scandinavian... as far as we know there's nobody from those Regions in the Paternal Woodpile, but who knows... mebbe? *LOL* It was the 21% Other Of Undetermined Origins that I found to be really Odd... of all the Data they've collected, to not have a Clue was unexpected. Tho' where it said my Ancestors hailed from Hundreds of Years ago was East Coast of the USA and that Region was inhabited by Tribes that never were given Reservations nor put on the Dawes Rolls, so, they just might not know how to Identify those Tribal Members as actual Native Americans since they didn't qualify for Tribal Identity and Tribal Benefits?

      Delete
  5. Loved your green ensemble. The green lipstick was so cool! Sorry the event was cancelled. I'm trying to think other times you could wear that green lipstick. I'll work on it. LOL. Yep, maybe the funds were at SV bank?
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green will work if I do Halloween as a witch, or maybe when I do the 5K in October, wear my skeleton leggings, I'll do green then for a dead look.

      Delete
  6. At least you got a nice photo for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think the green is working for me.

      Delete
  7. Loving the green!!!

    Sad about AD not being on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our ADs come and go, but some things never change.

      Delete
  8. Ah, bummer. YOU look good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Party or not - you rock green lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspired me to try this very dark blue, black appearing lipstick I have. Dressed in a put together way, and with my silver streak in my hair, I had fun! Thanks. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on with your bad self, LOL. I love that you too did the thing.

      Delete
  11. It's kinda sad that it was cancelled. I'm sure there were a few people looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so few events, people do look forward to the few we do have and I'm sure were disappointed. Were I AD, I'd have used my own money and got reimbursed when the cash came through. BTW. Did the newspaper even retract the 2 hours and report it as an hours and hours and hours long standoff?

      Delete
  12. Well, you look pretty damn cute (no, beautiful) in your green lipstick. Happy belated St. Paddy's day. While I always knew that there never were snakes in Ireland for St. P to drive away, some historians believe the myth really refers to paganism being driven out of the country and Christianity being introduced. My new fact for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks and I tend to lean towards the snakes being symbolic rather than factual.

      Delete