Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Color Me Disappointed

This is what I ordered.


It’s cute, feminine.

This is what I received.


Super big and boxy. It’s not cute, not feminine.

Color me disappointed.

Of course the seller specified "no returns" — as though he or she already knew customers would balk at the false advertising of posting a cute little tee and getting a man sized bigun instead, so I dug my trusty sewing machine out and pimped the tee down.

Only took me an hour and a half to pin, check for fit, then lop off two and a half inches each side, four and a half inches off the bottom and voilà.


It might could do with another inch off each side, but I’ll leave as is for now and test the size closer to next year’s Black History Month to see if I want to take off more.

I also solved the problem of how to make that Greek yogurt not so disgusting. I made deviled eggs, used yogurt instead of mayo and added a little Stevia and Coconut Amino to further kill the bitter taste.

I also have updates on the new resident of the bad energy unit.

Along about 5:30, as I was in the bedroom returning my sewing tools to the kit, I saw him out and about for the first time.

He's still alive and was heading down the walkway, appearing to be heading for the Mail Center.

Thinking he’d return that same way, I got the camera ready.


He looks to be doing okay thus far — smiling, seems happy, healthy, even has a lady friend.

The smiling, seeming happy, healthy was what I first saw on the other residents of that unit until things went bad. So let's just wait and see how he is in a few months.

Something is definitely going on with the girl in the unit beneath mine, as she no longer leaves for work in the afternoon. She’s home all the time now.

It was last week when I noticed she wasn’t leaving for work, assumed she was on vacation, but after the BAM BAM BAM on her door, I’m not so sure.

As for how I know when she’s home and when not ..... she never opens her patio blinds — not in the entire six years she’s lived here. Same with her kitchen blinds. She locks her place up like a dungeon, no sunlight at any time (much like Red Light).

However, when she is home, she pulls a corner of the bedroom blinds up in a way that gives her a peephole where she can see us residents going up/down the walkways, but we can’t see her. 

When she’d leave to go to work or to the market, she’d close the peephole.

I’ve wanted many times to get a photo of her peephole to show you, but I figured she was watching and would catch me taking the pic.

One day I'm going to be in the right place at the right time and get a pic of that peephole for posting.

13 comments:

  1. It's good you have those sewing skills. My boxy t-shirts end up in the bottom drawer for work shirts... or at the charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make for good sleep shirts, which was my first thought until I remembered I can sew.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to trim down that t-shirt to your satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's selling like hotcakes, which makes me wonder what others are doing when they see not what was expected.

      Delete
  3. I love that shirt, and hopefully it can be redone to be cute AND feminine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with the way it fits now, but it's not the 100% cotton as advertised. Some kind of cotton blend instead.

      Delete
  4. I guess the 'no return' is shorthand for 'don't buy'. In your case you could fix it. For the guys sake I hope bad energy has moved on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, and I'll know next time that's what "no returns" means.

      Delete
  5. Love the shirt, but uh, hope you washed it a couple of times before chopping on it. Most that say "pre-shrunk" can shrink some more. You should apply for a job on Perry Mason with all of your observation skills. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the kind of fabric that's going to shrink, though a little shrinkage would be a good thing. Make for a more form fitting shape. I once thought about going to private detective school, but classes were too far away.

      Delete
  6. LOL! Going to detective school sounds like it might have been fun. As much as you observe and make mental notes, you'd be documenting lots in your little note booklet. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's frustrating when Sellers misrepresent product... you did a great job of alterations to it, since you can't return it. The no return policy makes me think that it is intentional and none of the product looks like the first picture they used to entice sales. I'd give them a negative review. Good to hear the new tenant of the Dark Energy Unit is still alive... 😂. People who keep their home like a dungeon is something many do here allegedly to keep utilities low...I can't live like that... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not thought of it being a cost saving thing, but maybe so. I'd go stir crazy.

      Delete