Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Cop Knock

We survived the weekend around here. No snow and it only rained for a little while Sunday night.

Though more rain is expected, the temperature is expected to jump from the 40°s to the 50°s, then the 60°s. So maybe sometime soon I’ll be able to bundle up, wear a pandemic mask to keep the icy air out of my throat, and log in some walking miles.

I felt comfortable that the sore throat, caused by having breathed in and/or swallowing icy air was responsible for my sore throat; the coughing to be my gut acting up but, to be on the safe side, used the In-Home Rapid Test the government had sent months ago.

All Clear.

If you’ve been watching the news, you know the mountain folks are still suffering, with more snow expected.

Though I did nothing, went nowhere over the weekend, I didn’t have to go or do to come up with interesting blog fodder because Red Light had some kind of a meltdown and posted it to Facebook.

In a 24-hour period, she posted a tirade of cryptic messages, in meme form, which seem to be directed at someone in particular.






My guess is she’s referring to the Talker, who was her BFF on the complex until they had a falling out back in September.

How one can become BFF with a neighbor — both within a few short months of moving in, is beyond me and not a good idea because, as I said before, there’s always drama when one gets too close to others. Which is why I opt to being friendly but keeping a wall around myself that few are allowed to gain entry beyond.

At any rate, Red Light’s passive aggressive manipulative "Hey look folks. I’m the victim here. Side with me" FB posts was my weekend entertainment.

Waking up yesterday morning, thinking this week looked to be quiet and uneventful, it was the unit underneath me that shook things up — figuratively and literally as the floor beneath my feet shook.

Long time readers will call the weird girl — the one I ignore, give her my dead eyes when we pass on the walkway because she was so cra cra and ugly back in 2017, when I tried to introduce myself, welcome her to the quad. Then subsequently showed just how cra cra she was by complaining to the office that I was disturbing her peace by bouncing a ball 3:30 A.M. most mornings when all I'm doing at that hour is sleeping.

At any rate, it was around 3:00 yesterday afternoon when I heard a loud banging on her door. "BAM! BAM! BAM!" so hard that the floor shook.

That didn’t sound like a welfare check knock. Sounded more like a knock intended to frighten the occupant inside, a cop knock.

Online at the time at the kitchen table, researching ways to get past the gross taste of greek yogurt because I read it’s good for helping to clear up my gut issues, I was up and at the kitchen window in a flash.

Couldn’t hear the voices, make out any conversations but, after a few minutes, I did hear the door close and saw a guy in an official looking uniform walk away with papers in his hands. He appeared to be accompanied by another big guy which I thought might be our Assistant Maintenance Guy, but wasn't sure as he appeared to also be in uniform, which our guys are generally not.

Did not specifically recognize either as a cop, but some kind of authority personnel.

Can only speculate as to what THAT was all about …… Banging meant to terrify, guys in uniforms, papers in hand …… could it be she’s being evicted?

Time will tell, but I hope not because I wouldn’t wish that on her.

Though she’s pissed me to not care for her — we’ll never be on friendly terms per se, she did thaw some of my coldness towards her when she turned over one of my packages that had been misdelivered to her lockbox a few weeks ago.

I guess my dead eyes and cold shoulder had frightened her to being too afraid to approach me directly. What she did was give to Next Door Neighbor, tell her to give to me and shared it’s not the first time she’d gotten my packages but that she had caught the error last time, while the mailman was still here, chased him down and made him put in the correct lockbox.

Appreciating her honesty, when our paths next crossed, instead of giving her the dead eyes/cold shoulder, I thanked her.

Since then, she smiles and says "Hi" to me.

I return the greeting, but reluctantly and continue to try to avoid her, because I don’t care how friendly she now wants to be, six years is too late. I’m not feeling it.

So now, I’m not only keeping an eye on the bad energy unit, I’m now also keeping eyes and ears on what’s going on in the unit beneath mine.

Trainer said I could write a book about neighbors here at the complex, and that each neighbor could be a chapter.

20 comments:

  1. I think Trainer is onto something. I believe I would enjoy that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama! Facebook and otherwise.
    Trainer is onto something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is by far the most interesting place I've ever lived.

      Delete
  3. Those kinds of passive aggressive cryptic messages playing the woe-is-me card and posted to FB really piss me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't realize how transparent her motives are.

      Delete
  4. Greek yogurt, I've tried it, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All yogurt is disgusting. Greek especially so, but maybe I can get accustomed to the awful taste.

      Delete
  5. Wow, so much drama going on there right now! Good thing you have a ringside seat so you can be our eyes and ears, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skip the Greek yogurt and just take one probiotic pill a day; Align is expensive, and brand X (Sam's Club) is fine. The drama doesn't sound police-like, but it's weird. Maybe she has some pending court activity happening, even if it's not eviction. Thanks for decreasing my worrying about you since you took a covid test. Keep wearing a mask for your "cold" weather! LOL, oh boy...Linda in KOLD Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried getting probiotic through pills before and didn't go well with my digestive issues. Need to find ways to get that greek yogurt down.

      Delete
  7. Perhaps if you mix the yogurt with some Bailey's Irish Cream, or Amaretto, or Kailua it might take the edge off the taste. However it would mean that you would have to do this in the evening (assuming that you don't want to start the day in a cloud of liquorous vapor - there could be talk at bingo).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think any of those options would kill the taste, but I'd be so buzzed that I'd probably not care about taste, LOL.

      Delete
  8. I have an in-law who uses Facebook the way Red Light does. I never get involved but I so enjoy reading.

    Trainer is absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You probably could write a book with the different people at your complex. It's always frustrating when cops show up or things happen around here and I have no idea what's going on. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It's always frustrating when cops show up or things happen around here and I have no idea what's going on" ........ ROFLMAO! True That.

      Delete
  10. Red Light doing the passive aggressive Book of Faces Meme rant is hilarious 😂... people use that social media site to air a lot of grievances and high Drama... it's more telling about who THEY are... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete