Wednesday, December 9, 2020

I Woke Up This Way

Had a good night’s sleep ─ mostly always do, don’t recall whether I dreamed or not ─ though I usually do, don’t remember tossing and turning but, when I awoke this morning, the bed looked like I’d been in a fight.



Heading out to pick up a package yesterday, I noticed Head Maintenance Guy’s (HMG) car was back in its parking space.

I’ve not seen him, nor any member of his family, so I don’t know what’s going on with them ─ whether he’s back, upstairs, alone, quarantining without family OR whether family is upstairs, without him as he’s quarantining elsewhere.

Like I said before, because I’ve seen HMG walking around without a mask so often, I always give him a wide berth when we pass on the walkway. Henceforth, when I see him or any member of his family, I’ll be treating them like I treat black cats ─ turn around and run in a different direction.

If that offends them, too bad.

Assistant Manager’s wrecked car is still on the property.

I guess the rules are different when management is involved. I say this because we have so many rules about eyesores. Residents get warning notices when they have one too many plants on their patio, warning notices to wash our cars when they sit too long and accumulate dirt/dust, and God forbid you have a non-working car or a car that leaks oil on the property. Management will give you a warning to remove the eyesore and, if you don’t do so within the time they’ve allotted on the warning, a tow truck shows up and carts your vehicle away.

I’ve seen it done.

Yet, this eyesore remains.


Rule follower that I am, I’ve never been issued a warning. However, if I get one for whatever reason ─ maybe for not removing my Christmas decorations within the allotted time we’re allowed to have them up, and that car is still there, I’ll be pushing back with “you first”.

Though I’ve seen no sign of things getting really bad in this area, pandemically speaking, it was unnerving when, just as I returned to the complex from picking up that package, with a side trip by See’s Candy Store, that the following message popped up on my phone.

It’s pretty difficult to stay at home when the power company continues to threaten shutoffs.

The Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) began coming back less than a day and a half after giving us that last all clear; which means, instead of keeping supplies in the freezer, so I don’t have to grocery shop often, I’m down to nothing in the freezer, shopping more often so as to not lose product.

The winds continue to be high all day every day, but no shutoffs here (knock on wood) thus far. However, the Archeologist has been hit twice more.

Spent remainder of yesterday afternoon watching the final few episodes of Chris Rock’s Fargo, which I’d recorded.

Chris did a bang-up job of acting, as did the crooked cop ─ the one that appears to suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Can’t say I liked what happened to Chris’ character in the end, but I’d like to see him nominated for and to win an Emmy for his portrayal of Loy Cannon ─ head of the African American crime family.

23 comments:

  1. Back when the whole COVID mess started I stocked up on non-perishable foods in case we couldn't get to the store. Wonder if you could do the same thing with your diet restrictions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish, but most if not all of the non-perishables I've investigated have ingredients that are not safe for my condition. Only thing I've found, so far, that I can stock up on are canned Bumble Bee Pink Salmon

      Delete
  2. I don't watch Fargo but my husband said Chris was very good in this show and he did tell me of his demise. He said this was by far his best performance and better than most. So he agrees with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris has come a long way from when I first saw him in that I'm Gonna Get You Sucka movie where he was asking for one rib. LOL.

      Delete
  3. If it takes them as long to remove that car as it did to get your smoke detector fixed, it's going to be there a looooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, even though you might get bored with it, that Bumble Bee canned salmon and some brown rice or bulgar wheat and dried legumes would do you well for several days. Here we use powdered milk and I am thinking of ordering dried egg powder as well. Can you also tolerate tuna and or sardines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just gotten to where my gut will tolerate brown rice, not yet legumes or wheat of any kind. Might see what I can do with tuna and sardines. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. "If that offends them, too bad."

    They're the offensive offenders. Wear a damned mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If HMG recovers, even if he and his family do finally begin wearing masks, I'll still be turning around and running in the opposite direction ... just in case.

      Delete
  6. that must have been some fight with the bed covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have won, because I woke up to the bed in normal wake-up condition this morning. LOL.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Timing is everything. Call it petty, but I enjoy throwing people's own words back in their face, i.e., pointing out their hierocracy as it occurs.

      Delete
  8. Ms Boots!!! I've been meaning to stop by for some time and say Hi! That bed photo cracked me up!!!!! I'm the opposite and I'm told I look like a corpse laying in a coffin!

    How much more can you deal with there dear? I have several friends in the San Fran and Oakland area...they too got those messages I believe. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mistress!! How nice to hear from you. Looking at the bed that morning, it was hard to believe I slept alone. LOL.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Too bad. The season was worth viewing. Maybe you can catch full episodes online. Some providers allow for that.

      Delete
  10. That was some wild night! Do you remember vivid dreams?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to have "telling" dreams. I'd see people I didn't know, but who came into my life shortly after. So I knew they were there for a reason. I also had dreams of people leaving my life, and the dream told me why the person had to go, which softened the loss. When I have wild dreams, dreams that make no sense, I use to write them down and research the meaning. Inasmuch as I rarely have those now, and pretty much has life figured out, I no longer write those down except, I have blogged a time or two about a significant dream. I don't always remember my dreams. However, if dreaming something that seems important, I tell myself, in the dream, to remember and research it when I wake up. Most times that works and I do remember, but not always. I don't recall dreaming anything that would have caused pillows to be tossed on the floor and the bed to be all torn up like that, but I hope I had fun. LOL. Are you a kindred spirit? Do you have vivid or telling dreams?

      Delete
  11. The only ones I remember are frustrating ones, where I am trying to do something or go somewhere and things keep happening to prevent me. Usually they end with my dream self getting SO fed up that I think " this is too ridiculous and must be a dream!" then I wake up. Often, but not always I am searching for a bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually very interesting. Indicating something or someone is holding you back. Your comment asking me about vivid dreams has opened a floodgate. I'm now recalling specific instances, which probably will end up being my next blog post.

      Delete
  12. Just catching up with everyone's Archived Posts I missed. My Bed always looks like that, The Man claims I'm a very aggressive Sleeper! *LOL* As for HMG, steer clear of him if he returns prematurely because he does not seem to Care that he's around Residents that are of a more vulnerable Age and might not fare as well as he did Recovering from it! Management's do as we say, not as we do, Policy is so Typical, isn't it? That's why I Hated having an HOA in subdivision Hell, people making up Violations on a whim who have nothing better to do and are on a Power Trip because perhaps this is the most important position they've ever held? *LMAO* Lording it over everyone is not good Leadership and breaking your own Rules is not setting any kind of Example or earning any respect. We're on elevated COVID watch again, not as stringent as Cali, but we're getting there.

    ReplyDelete