Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Day After

So another Dooms Day has come and gone. We’re still here ... or are we? Maybe this is all an illusion, a dream or ─ depending on your experience, a nightmare.
At any rate, dream, nightmare or illusion, I did what I normally do, which today was a run to the market.
“I miss seeing lipstick”, said the cashier as I was checking out. “Everyone is wearing a mask”.
Well thank goodness for THAT, thought I. Everyone in the market wear masks and, as far as I know, we’ve had no incidents of a Karen or a Ken causing a ruckus over having to comply with the simple request.
As far as her missing lipstick, I went on to say, “I still wear mine. Even though no one can see it but me. It makes me feel good to know it's there and when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror (at home)”.
“I just do my eyebrows, my eyes and leave everything under the mask alone”, said she.
That’s interesting, thought I. I wonder how many faces I’m looking at are only half done.
Every morning ─ even when I have no plans to leave the unit, I go the full nine yards ─ SPF skin protection, followed by Bobbi Brown repair moisture cream, then Derma Blend cover cream. Then it’s on to applying lipstick, penciling in eyebrows, polishing it all off with Derma Blend setting powder.
I generally do not wear eye makeup, because I don’t see the necessity for it, but I do spritz myself with Estee Lauder Cinnabar perfume after which I’m locked, loaded and ready to seize the day. Which now days consists of moving back/forth from the couch to one room or another. But at least I look good and smell nice doing it. LOL
While at the market, I spied an oddity.

One of these things is not like the other

Did you spot the oddity right away? You'd be surprised how long it took some to find when I posted on facebook.
I almost bought it, just because it was different, but opted to stick with a regular dozen.
Also at the market, my coin purse came in handy, when the bill rang up to $100.04 ─ and if that seems excessive for one person, you’re right ... it is. But that’s the reality when one can no longer lower one’s food costs with simple meals like peanut butter and crackers, or ramen noodles, a tv dinner, can of soup, etc., and instead must purchase healthy ingredients and cook.
At any rate, the casher questioned “You don’t have four cents?” and I was able to say “Why yes, yes I do” as I whipped out my coin purse and gave her four pennies.
My bib number and swag bag for the virtual DC Wonder Woman 5K, which I completed almost a month ago, finally arrived.


Most of the virtual races coming out are offering hair buffs (which I like), but this iconic 5K offered a tote bag, jacket, two wrist wallets and an awesome medal of course.


Back side of the medal is even more awesome than the front.


What a difference a year makes. Last year the DC Wonder Woman Inaugural Race had me staying in a fancy hotel, and having tons of fun at the race site with thousands of other participants. Crowds and cheers and excitement at the finish line. This year it was me, all by myself, alone, trying to avoid Knife Guy and ultimately having to call the cops so I could get TO the finish line (home).

11 comments:

  1. On days that I go out, I put on a full face, including lipstick. I like to have it on so that I look good while driving (no mask in the car)! Ha, ha.

    I also put on perfume on my days out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a girly girl is a lot of work. But HEY, someone's got to do it. LOL.

      Delete
  2. KNIFE GUY?
    Food costs have gone up...way up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food costs are ridiculously high -- that is if you HAVE to eat healthy. I posted about the incident with Knife Guy on 6/29. Post titled The Long Walk Home.

      Delete
  3. That was a lot of nice goodies in the Wonder Woman 5K gift bag. A jacket too! What kind of entry fee do they charge ? You have quite a collection now I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet ween $25 and $45. I think this one was $45 because us geeks love Wonder Woman and are willing to pay the higher end.

      Delete
  4. I have not worn makeup/perfume in years; I'm allergic to most chemicals.

    (sings) can you guess which thing is not like the other, before I finish my song?

    and WHY THE HELL is healthy food more expensive than junk food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was eating junk food, my grocery bill was 1/3rd of what it is now. If it weren't for my gut issues, I'd go back to ramen noodles.

      Delete
  5. I noticed the Odd Egg right away, I'm OCD like that! *LOL* I've become Pandemic Lazy about how I look, honestly, I should do better for the sake of everyone who has to see what a Vision I am NOT right now! *Smiles* Impressive Swag! I do smell like Nag Champa, can't ignore wearing my Essential Oils and it gives me a sense of Well Being. Everyone that knows me says it's my Signature Scent, they know I'm around when they get a waft of it. *LOL* I am Accessorizing with Cool Masks, does that Count as an adequate Fashion Statement during a Plague?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google Nag Champa and what it smells like "reminiscent of jasmine or magnolia flowers, the forest, or even tea". From what I've gleaned of you, from reading your posts, that sounds like you and yes, those cool masks do count as an adequate fashion statement. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I noticed the wrong egg after you mentioned something was wrong in the picture.

    And sometimes I don't bother to shave when I know I'll be wearing a mask.

    ReplyDelete