Thursday, July 2, 2020

Oops, I Did It Again

It’s taken me a few days to get around to posting. I was experiencing an energy drain for a few days, which worried me because I empath and knew I was picking up someone else’s feelings. That energy drain, coupled with so much on my mind ─ due to recent blogged about happenings, had my mind so cluttered that I’d been unable to clear my head sufficiently to come up with a cogent post until now.
Granddaughter’s Sunday wedding went off without a hitch. Though my droll sense of humor kicked in later and I did think to myself how awful it would have been for granddaughter, had the incident with Knife Guy gone sideways, for her grandma to have been murdered on her wedding day by some homeless street person. Especially so, since granddaughter’s mom devotes herself to serving the homeless community.
Such irony that would have been.
I viewed the wedding on Instagram. It was short, very sweet (the groom cried), wacky ─ like something one would see in the 70’s at Woodstock, and reminded me very much of a Church of What’s Happening Now segment from that old Flip Wilson show.
But that’s granddaughter. She has a very 70’s flowerchild vibe and, judging from the groom’s wild outfit, he’s right there with her.


Twin 1 has another magazine spread coming up. Not sure of the magazine, because I only saw a blurb about it, which blurb she quickly removed because she’s not supposed to advertise it before the magazine comes out, but I think it’s in Marie Claire, and will be the second time in that magazine. The first was just a blurb last year. This one I believe is a spread.
Can’t wait to see how I’m portrayed in this one. LOL.
Not that I’m worried about how I’m portrayed. I’m more worried about HER because, during the days I spent clearing my head, it came to me that Twin 1’s version of the past has nothing to do with me, more so that she carries a lot of guilt, is clearing up most of that guilt (her Akashic Record) by serving others, while the rest is too heavy for her to carry, so she projects it as having had a difficult relationship with me. Not to mention she's somewhat losing focus in this clearing process because of the accolades.
She’s doing a tremendous job serving the Skid Row community, but she’s getting so much press and television coverage, hundreds of thousands of followers, so much adulation from all over the world that she has no time to think, her vision is cloudy. She's too busy, too distracted by all the hoopla, forgetting to stay humble, centered, reflective.
So there’s that.
I’d planned to spend this upcoming weekend trying my hand at baking a gluten free Artisan Style Loaf.
To that end, I had to purchase brown rice flour online and, Oops, I did it again.
Believing I’d ordered a unit of one 1-pound bag, I ended up with four 1-pound bags.


Thank goodness I didn’t make the mistake of ordering a unit of 2 ─ like I did with the grits.
Doesn’t anyone sell single unit sizes any longer?
There is not the space in my unit for the post pandemic now supersized items being sold. Giant rolls of toilet paper will get used ... eventually. Giant rolls of paper towels will get used ... eventually, four pounds of  brown rice flour … not so much. So, your guess is as good as mine as to what to do with it, since I’m not a business.
There is, however, a recipe for brownies of the back of the packages. So …..

13 comments:

  1. What an unusual wedding , as all are at this time. I like that they did it "their way". Did Twin 1 perform the ceremony?
    You must have thought that 1 pound bag of flour was rather expensive! Fingers crossed that the brownies recipe works out and you can use it up that way if the bread doesn't work. I think it might be quite hard to make the bread. Good luck and do keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she got herself ordained. Don't know whose idea it was for her to officiate, but I asked granddaughter if it was legal. Apparently it is. They went to the courthouse the next day and signed the appropriate documents. As for cost of flour .. everything costs so much more now that I didn't even think to question it. LOL.

      Delete
  2. lovely looking couple; wacky, fun, interesting. hope they have a great life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With her background, and his, will be an interesting life for sure.

      Delete
  3. What a fun couple! She's got your spunk, I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that. She's a fun kid, up for anything and says I "get" her.

      Delete
  4. Yes, very Flower Child and I love it for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea HOW Flower Child. I'm surprised she didn't wear tye dye.

      Delete
  5. I Love your Granddaughter's unconventional Wedding, clearly they are a Fun Free Spirited Couple and will make many more Memorable Moments together. That her Mom performed the Ceremony made it very intimate, Weddings have to be re-imagined in these times of COVID. I'm so Happy for Young Couples that haven't let a Pandemic stand in the way of their Special Day. Congratulations! The relationships with Adult Kids can become quite complex as they go off and do them their way. If she's getting a Feature that is something to be Proud of the accomplishment of, tho' I completely understand your sentiments too about accolades sometimes clouding focus and purpose, it can get heady to become recognized and applauded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My philosophy has been to do what good I do in secret, that the Universe sees, rewards, and we're not tempted off the path by human glorification. She says that won't work for her because, in order to bring attention to the homeless situation, she has to be out there in the public eye. I see her point, but again, it's a choice she's making and I worry, as I have about her choices since was 10 years old.

      Delete
  6. I have one that is learning to care and is learning that I didn't do everything wrong. It's been interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How werethe brownies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After checking my weight on the scale, I traded brownies for cucumber salad. Going to drop off the flour at the food bank so I won't be tempted later to make bread OR brownies. LOL.

      Delete