Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Deed is Done

I do my best thinking when I’m not thinking, when a thought just pops into my head.
So it was when I was eating lunch today (popcorn and coffee ... don’t judge me) and all of a sudden a thought occurred as to how to get management 100% blamed for my removing the residents’ facebook page.
I texted the Baker ─ the most influential resident in the community, even more influential than Apache … "Hey ___. The office is giving ____ grief over his posting to our Facebook page. That page is none of their business, nothing to do with management but they just like to mess with ____. I'm thinking since we're not likely to have activities to post for like forever that I should eliminate the reason ___ is being harassed by removing the page. What do you think?"
Having already heard management was going after Apache again, she was all over it saying “I think that’s a good idea, we can put up a new one later, if there are any pictures we can save that would be nice. We can find another name later. They’ve no right to interfere with our activities.”
Fortunately, I’ve backed up every photo I’ve ever taken onto flash drives, even photos taken before setting up the page ─ three flash drives full, so saving photos is not a problem. But if they plan on setting up another facebook page later, that’s on them. I’m out.
At any rate, the site is down and it won’t be long until residents, and their families, begin to ask why and are told it’s because of management’s thinking it’s their page and harassing Apache over it.
That’ll fix the lawyers and management. It wasn’t management’s page, it wasn’t Apache’s page ─ it was mine. I put it up, I could take it down, which shows management how little control over it they mistakenly thought they had.
Elsewhere in my self-isolating world, I’m collecting masks like I use to collect leggings.
Twin 1’s friend, that gifted me the bling mask, designed a crystal mask in gold and a crystal mask in silver. They look very much like the crystal mask I already own, but have subtle differences, and I just had to add them to my collection.
Not wanting to take advantage of the designer, I ordered and paid through the regular channel but, good hearted human that he is, he reimbursed me for the shipping and threw in a leopard print he’d just come out with.


The leopard is my new favorite.


In addition to which, this morning’s feed carried a story about a 4th grader donating and selling masks.


I checked out her site and ended up ordering a Black Panther print.


Fauci predicts a second outbreak in the fall. I'm mask ready.

10 comments:

  1. All these reopenings and people going places is just going to get us in deeper with this virus. It all started with people traveling. So get those masks ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your reasoning. Hopefully those establishments reopening will come up with a plan to limit how many people come in and hopefully folks will continue to wear masks.

      Delete
    2. Good thinking on the Facebook issue. Love all your masks ... you are street ready! Due to asthma, I have been staying in ... getting by with the help of friends and family.

      Delete
    3. Asthma is no joke. Can't imagine it in this mask wearing pandemic. Be well. Stay safe.

      Delete
  2. I Love your Mask Collection... I now have Two and like you, if this is going to go on any length of time, Fashion dictates that we must have a Wardrobe of them, Right?! I Love how yours were Designed and they look so good on you! Now that it's triple digit temps here it does get Hot behind The Mask! I think that was a Splendid Best Thought for the FB Page and now you don't have the hassles either and it's Payback for Management interfering and assuming Creative Control over something not even theirs. Sometimes I find that some people try to Moderate other people's Blogs in much the same way, as if they couldn't just avoid any Blog that they don't like or find the topics to be offensive to their delicate sensibilities. *LOL* And the 'Pet' Bots and Trolls just crack me up... how dedicated they are to their 'craft'... I find it to be hysterical that any Human would have such a sad little Life that they Create such things and pour them out onto the Spaces of other people like an unwanted Parasite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my collection is done yet cause he just came out with another design. Since I can't seem to stop, I wish he would. LOL. And yes, the nerve of management. The more I think about it the more I think how very dare they. Would love to have seen their faces upon learning the page is no longer up. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the store earlier in the week, saw some way cool masks, and got envious. If we're going to be wearing masks for a long time I need to do better than what I've currently got.

    Things you post on Facebook never really go away, but if you try hard you can come close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have seen some interesting masks, while out and about. Some make me smile, like the old guy in a Spiderman mask. Some make me cringe, like the grocery store worker with a skeleton grin.

      Delete
  5. I think you're right about stocking up on masks. I'm using an old dust mask from my workshop. I think it's time to buy a few more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some shops and stores are giving them away for free.

      Delete