Monday, April 27, 2020

It Moved

Let’s start off with news about that little penny, now entering it 6th week, still on the ground at the entryway to the illusive unfriendly downstairs neighbor’s unit, withstanding wind, rain, people and not moving ........ it moved.
Originally, the penny was situated right smack dab in the middle of that entryway, as though purposely placed there. Then, one day during the week, I noticed it seemed to have been moved from center to left. I thought it was my imagination, but then yesterday, I poked my head out the door to see if the penny was still there and saw a little dinosaur playing around it.


Those little dinosaurs have spindly little fingers, capable of picking up items, so that’s probably who moved it.
So at least we now know it’s not glued to the ground.
And speaking of moving, the idea of relocating has once again been on my mind. Having no reason to move, I don’t yet know if it’s a thought that just popped up to tempt me or a prompting from the universe that it wants me elsewhere but, either way, I’ve been looking at the pros and cons.
Though I do love my little unit, enjoy the view it gives me of watching the world go by ─ the comings/goings of others without having to interact with those others, the price is right and gives me a lot of wiggle room financially speaking, this shutdown has shown me there’s really nothing to keep me here.
Twin 2 had previously suggested I move closer to her, but I’d declined because I felt attached to this community.
The shutdown will eventually end, the Community Room will reopen, there may even be some level of activities established, but I no longer feel the need for that social interaction and won’t be rejoining the community.
The only downsides to relocating would be higher rental rate, loss of Trainer and what to do with the residents facebook page.
I won’t like paying the higher rent but, with a ban on entertainment in the near and far future, due to the pandemic ─  no travelling, no hotels, I can put that wiggle room monies towards higher rent and manage. And even if I decide not to move, stay here but not participate, still there’s the question of what to do with the residents’ facebook page.
So those were my thoughts last few days and, all of a sudden, a sign from the universe that the issue of the residents’ facebook page may no longer be an issue.
Inasmuch as management’s instructions to mail in our rent check did not confuse the mail carrier, i.e., the envelope did not end up returned to my inbox and quickly cleared the bank, I headed to the mailbox yesterday to drop off next month’s check and ran into Apache.
“How’s everything going around here?” asked I. “Is everyone okay?”
“No”, said Apache. “I’m not. I got a letter from the lawyer. They’re trying to evict me again”.
“How in the world did you get in trouble again when everything is shut down”, asked I.
“They’re saying I’ve no right to represent myself as management by posting to the facebook page”.
It’s important here to say that, the way the facebook page came about was as a result of my taking photos at events, residents asking for prints for themselves and to send to their family. I’d provide prints. It wasn’t expensive, but it did get tiresome so I suggested a facebook page so their families could check in.
Apache ran it by the then Community Manager, who thought it a great idea and approved my doing so.
Anyone can post to the page, but I get notification and, if I think not appropriate, I delete, which only happened once or twice.
Once, when Big Linda tried to start shit by posting a comment complaining about Activity Director. I deleted it.
When my buddy Apache posted photos of his knee operation ─ which btw was disturbing to look at, I deleted and pointed out that kind of stuff should not go on the residents’ page, was better suited for his personal facebook page.
Of course he balked ... “I’m a resident”.
“Yes, but it’s not an event”.
He came back with some other bla bla bla that I don’t recall, so I had to go for the jugular ... “Listen, no one is interested in seeing your operation”.
Apache didn’t like it, but he likes me, so he took it and stopped posting ... until recently, when he posted about gathering food donations for residents in need during the shutdown.
I was down with that and actually donated food goods.
Apparently, management so hates Apache, so wants him out of here, that they took issue with his food drive posts, saying his posting to the site is representing himself as management. They sent him a cease and desist from the lawyers, ordered him to remove his posts under threat of eviction.
Apache’s position is the facebook page doesn’t belong to management, us residents set it up for us residents. It’s resident owned/resident managed.
Apache is right, of course, but Corporate and management are so thirsty to get rid of him that they might decide to send ME a cease and desist, remove the page altogether.
This is not the first time Corporate and management have tried to evict Apache, because he’s such a thorn in their side. It’s not even the second time or the third or the fourth, and Apache is still here.
He’s not taken down his posts, I’ve not removed them, so if this ends up being the end of the page, fine by me. I’ll take it as a sign that the universe is giving me an out and go with the flow, leaving the only thing to really hold me here being my training sessions.
I gotta tell you though, but for the fact I’m viewing this happening from a deeper level, taking it as a sign the universe is giving me an out, I’d refuse to cease/desist/remove and dare management to fu*k with me.
I did say the only downsides to relocating would be higher rent rate, Trainer and what to do with the residents facebook page, so swallowing the higher rent rate, no longer managing the facebook page, the only thing left holding me here would be Trainer.
I’m not going to actively look for a new domicile. I’ll just keep paying attention to what the universe has to say about it, and go with that flow.
Ideally, I’d rather remain where I am ─ cheap rent, great view, easy access to Pain Cave, without responsibility of the facebook page.

5 comments:

  1. Delete the Facebook account and blame it on management.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I was just thinking that. Great minds think alike. LOL.

      Delete
  2. That's the answer then- and if it was only the FB page which even made you think of moving it mans you will be happy to stay ( at least a little longer). Plus, if you don't go to the Community events that you won't be taking photos which people will be asking for.
    So glad the penny moved, I was sure it was glued down and I kind of enjoy being wrong over little things like that which can't matter one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem useless to have a residents facebook page when there's no activities and I don't plan to participate when activities resume. And I am going to delete the page and blame management, but timing is everything. I want to wait, see what management does with Apache and delete when no one can suspect it was my choice and blames management.

      Delete
  3. I am glad the FB Page thing worked out now, after this Post and your fresh Thought of how best to dispose of it and protect your Friend from their Threats and harassment. As for Moving, I know you'll come to a Peace about what the Universe is suggesting... I too looked for Signs and Timing before we bought this and finally moved out of Subdivision Hell, selling the Big House... and now we may have a Buyer for our Ranch Acreage up North of the State. Disposing of Assets seems the right thing to do right now and to just enjoy our new Forever Home, especially since during Lock Down it is the Idyllic situation for us and we squeaked in just in time before Pandemic hit full on! *Whew, dodged a bullet there!*

    ReplyDelete