Saturday, March 28, 2020

Checking In

Still copacetic over here. It actually looks so every day normal that, but for the news coverage of what is occurring elsewhere, you’d hardly understand the seriousness of what is happening.
There are a few signs something is going on ─ The Pain Cave is still closed, but construction workers are back on the job at that corner site. The market is fully stocked, toilet paper/paper towels and all, except not on the shelves.
For some odd reason, toilet paper and paper towels are stacked up front and center ─  as you enter the market, and a worker is stationed there to dispense those items.


I didn’t see a "limit" sign, but the worker must be stationed there for a reason. I’m thinking to prevent hoarding by dispensing one or two rolls of each.
Another small sign something is amiss is that eggs, not limited last week, are now limited to one.

Last Week

This Week

Other than that, the neighborhood is chaos free.
The office is still closed off and evidently some of the seniors are not having it because management put out yet another notice. This one to reiterate "Office staff and maintenance are not available during this time due to mandatory closure. Please do not knock on office doors at this time".
ROFLMAO! I’ll bet dollars to donuts this notice is meant for one personApache, who’s probably been banging on the door to make contact because Community Manager won’t take or return Apache’s telephone calls.
Not many neighbors are out/about and, of the few that are, I see an increase in the wearing of masks and gloves.
With landscapers not allowed onto the property, during this shutdown period, the grass is growing wild.


By the time landscapers are allowed back in, it’s going to look like a jungle around here.
BTW, I took that photo of the grass yesterday, when I was returning to my unit after picking up mail, and I just noticed it captured The Seer, off in the distance, standing on her patio.
My eagle eyes can see a little dot, which is she, appearing on the other side of that bench but, to make her more readily visible, I cropped the image to focus on that particular area.


The patio on her unit gives her a clear view of the pathway leading to/from the mailbox and many times in the past, she’d tell me, "I can see everything going on over there from here".
So clearly, she saw ME ... was looking right at ME.
I waved.
She didn’t wave back.
Still looking my way, I gave it a second try ─  waved again.
Nothing.
Okay. If that’s the way she wants it, so mote it be. I'm done waving and yelling out a friendly "hey". 
So that’s it for how things are going on in self-isolation at this end. I miss my trice weekly training sessions. Sunday’s hair appointment with the locktician was cancelled ─ the shop was ordered to close and I'm already seeing signs of cancellation of an appointment at the nail salon (also ordered to be closed).

A nail clawing its way through. LOL.

7 comments:

  1. My hairdresser has her workstation in her home and I was there today after checking to see if she was working. I wasn't concerned about going to her place, she is a germaphobe and keeps the place spotless. I thought she might not want to see clients, but she agreed to a morning appointment. She told me, upon arriving, that today would be her last day as the there has been a rumor that even single station salons like hers cannot be open and she could lose her license. She is quite upset as she needs the money. I'm hoping she can be open again by early May when my roots will again be showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your roots, my unbraided hair. We're gonna be a mess. LOL. But same with trainer about needing the money. Last I saw him, he was very worried about how he'd support his family. Hopefully he and your hairdresser get the stimulus, and more than a lousy $1000.

      Delete
  2. I read something about the owners and workers of the chicken farms that sell eggs to markets are beginning to catch the virus so egg production has slowed down. Don't know if this is true but might have something to do with limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting almost desperate enough to try cutting my own hair but didn't do too well when I tried years ago. It's horrid having a rather short cut when it grows out of its own style. Right now I tuck it behind my ears, wear earrings and a hat when we go out to walk!
    I had to smile about the Seer. My husband calls me " eagle eyes"!
    She seems like a really misery. Moody type? Will she be all friendly again later, I wonder...
    Iv'e been making muffins using from cake mix and substituting 1/3 c apple sauce instead of an egg. I don't want to unnecessarily use up what we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggs are about all I can eat for breakfast, usually two eggs, one white, scrambled. But I switched to two fried or two boiled to stretch and not use up too fast. The Seer friendly again? I doubt it and, even if she tried, it's too late. Once I'm done, a person no longer exists.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad I have Dreadlocks so I don't need to go to a Salon since they're all Closed around here too, I never have a bad Hair day and that's a Bonus right now since I'm really not in the Mood to fuss with Appearance while going nowhere. Sometimes I do change from Daytime PJ's to Nighttime PJ's... ha ha ha. Glad to hear your Stores are now stocked, last I checked ours were not but I don't go out since things escalated in the Metro Phoenix area by almost 700% so I won't take the risks and have enough to tide us over a while without risking safety and dragging a Virus Home to my medically fragile Family... I do really worry about that aspect of it since the 3 of us would be very vulnerable for it being fatal.

    ReplyDelete