Thursday, January 9, 2020

Rough Morning

Today started off rough with a dream trainer and I were having a disagreement that resulted in my walking out.
I hope it’s not a precog dream, but it felt pretty detailed not to be.
A few weeks ago, two women came into the pain cave looking to get fit.
Trainer had posted, just before Christmas that he’d not be accepting anymore cross fit clients, as he’d be focusing on his muay thai boxing clients this year.
A lot of his decision has to do with the cross fit clients complaining too much about how hard it is, not wanting to follow instructions without complaint, not showing up. He says the complaining, lack of dedication brings him down.
Okay, I understand ... his time is valuable, his choice as to where to use that time. I was just relieved he’d be keeping those of us already involved in cross fit on his roster.
What I had a bit of a problem with was the way he spoke to the two woman, who were quite literally begging him to take them on. Instead of saying no, he said maybe and lectured them that, if I do take you on, I expect this, that, the other, I don’t want to hear this, that, the other.
Had he laid down the law to me, as he was laying it down to these two women, coming from a place of ego, I would have said “Never mind, F you” and suggested he get over himself as I headed for the exit.
That pretty much was the substance of the dream, only it was me being lectured to.
I was in session, there were others in the room, trainer told me to make a move I was unfamiliar with and I began looking to him to give me a demonstration. He became short tempered that I didn’t know what to do and, showing off a bit in front of others, began lecturing me.
I wordlessly picked up my stuff and headed for the door.
Where are you going?” asked trainer.
Thank you for the work you’ve put into me, but I won’t deal with this ego of yours” said I as I walked out the door.
Trainer followed, there was an apology ─ which I ignored as I got in the car and drove away. There was then a text message apology, a request for me to come back, but I said, though I accept the apology, it would feel weird, that I’d no longer feel comfortable with him.
The dream then shifted to thinking how to continue training on my own when I was suddenly awakened by a BEEP!
It was the smoke detector yet again.
Looking at the clock, it was 3:15 a.m.
Happy to be out of that dream, but not planning to repeat what happened last month, when it was smoke detector hell, with the mechanism beeping every 19 seconds for something like 6 hours, because management said, though I’d described the beeping as “driving me crazy”, it wasn’t considered a maintenance emergency, that the guys would get around to it.
Long-time readers will recall that brouhaha when the detector went off after hours, no one would come fix it until the next morning so, unable to sleep through it, I went to a hotel.
It’s like every month there’s drama with this smoke detector, so obviously there’s a problem with the mechanism but, after all I'd tolerated only to be told this last time wasn’t considered an emergency, I decided I’d never call in a fix-it request again. I’d find a way to fix it my own darn self.
Tada! …. Fixed it!

All units are getting their annual inspection next week/week after. Can’t wait to see management’s face.
If asked why I didn’t call it in, my reply will be “I was not willing to be inconvenienced from 3:15 in the morning until you guys decided to get around to my non-emergency”.
BAM!
After that very detailed dream, I was a little reticent about this morning’s training session. Everything was normal, went well, but the dream has me a little on guard ... waiting for the shoe to drop.

6 comments:

  1. You need to take that thing down and throw it away. Then when the inspectors come, tell them you've been waiting for a replacement forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Devious. LOL. I love it, but karma would step in and I'd probably electrocute myself.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully the dream was just because of the conversation you heard and not of things to come. I hope it is not a sign of things to come because you have enjoyed your "pain" and built a relationship with both the man and the exercise. As far that alarm, I'm with you girl. That experience drove me crazy. Luckily, mine has not acted up since they fixed it but they did have to fix it twice right in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A faulty Smoke Detector drives me crazy too, we had one here for a while and finally managed to stop it's chirping. As for the Dream, it is a curious one and hopefully won't have a parallel with Real Life since it seems you have a good relationship with Trainer and his guidance is so beneficial to your health and well being. I'm not familiar with Cross Fit so don't know if I'd be a whiner Client or not... I know a brief Pilates experience damned near killed me! The Son, who does mixed Martial Arts, made me feel better by saying Pilates was too difficult for him with it's intense Core Training... I think my Core is faulty!? *LOL*
    '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What scares me about the dream is that I, who do not generally remember my dreams when awakened, not only remembered it but every word spoken in it. Cross fit is just a mixture of exercises to build strength, stamina, strengthen the core. I have to laugh when trainer tells me to tighten my core and asks if I "feel" a certain movement in my core. I always tell him, I'm sure it's getting better but it's hard to "feel" anything through layers of fat. LOL.

      Delete