Saturday, December 7, 2019

The Elf is Back!

Having had so much fun this time last year trying to find the Elf hidden in the neighborhood grocery store, I was happy to see, on Monday, it had turned into such a popular event that they brought the elf back.

Unfortunately, the elf evaded me that day.
Noticing the neighborhood store was redlining us yet again, i.e., offering inferior products, I passed on broccoli and avocados with the plan to head to their store in the posh neighborhood. Which is what I did yesterday ─ also picking up eggs and almond milk with a much longer date before expiration than that at the neighborhood store.
Lo and behold, posh neighborhood is getting in on the elf game.


I guess we were the test location, and that it was such a success ─ even though the prize is just a small candy cane, that the elf has gone chain store wide.
GOTCHA!



On my way out of the market, I saw a sign indicating a 5K for this morning, Saturday.


Kinda last minute for me but, upon investigating the event, I found it’s only a 30 minute drive from the complex and I can register at race site.
So, up at 5:00 this morning, debating if I wanted to follow through ─ leave my warm comfortable unit, head out into the cold dark world for a 3.12 mile walk, I heard a weird sound outside.
It was rain.

That settles that, but the second 5K I've had to bow out of due to heavy rain.
I ain't mad at it though. Staying indoors catching up on recorded tv programs, working on needlepoint is a good way to spend a rainy Saturday.
On another topic, I ran across a clever response, on Twitter, to 45 calling out Trudeau as two-faced. 

Now that’s just hurtful ... vicious! 
LOL, I like it.
Sorry not sorry.

3 comments:

  1. We have not had much rain here but then again I may have missed it since it only seems to rain if you have something planned. I have't planned much and just seem to go out when I'm feeling my best. Of course, that is not counting dog walks which come rain or shine. In fact, Buddy has decided he can even do his dog walk in the rain now. Might have to get him a rain coat for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having enough rain for the rest of the country. It hasn't stopped since I first reported it.

      Delete
  2. I think it's really sweet how you enjoy looking for the elf.
    Getting joy from simple things is a wonderful skill.

    ReplyDelete