Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Super Blue Blood Moon

What was I thinking?
I nearly froze to death.
Sky watched from 3:30 to 6:00 this morning, wearing two pairs of leggings, two hoodies, gloves, boots in 40 something degree weather and, when it was all over, I was chilled to the bone and couldn’t feel my fingers. I don’t see how people who live in the degrees below areas manage. I’d die.
To top it off, none of the photos came out well enough to use because there’s not a night setting on my cellphone.
My cell phone being several generations behind, I do believe it’s time to look into an upgrade to something that works as well night/early mornings as it does during the day.
The first hour sky watching was just Apache and myself. Later, a resident out walking her dog was the first to join us, followed by The Baker, The Seer and a resident making a reappearance in this blog, after a long period of no mention -- The Lady that Wants Braids.
The Seer, having finally gotten over being angry at the Universe, is back to her old feisty self and, cold as it was, we had a good time.
Too good.
We’re sure other residents are going to complain to the office about a rowdy group at the pool disturbing their peace 4:30 to 6:00 in the morning, and decided in advance we’ll just apologize and promise not to do it again for another 35 years.
Trying to thaw out later, I used the new coffee machine for the first time and OMG, what a difference. Making coffee is now so much easier.
I wouldn’t say I’m cheap, more like fugal in that “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” and why buy a pour over brewer when, with a little ingenuity, I can make do with the stainless-steel percolator?
I’d first boil water, then put grounds in the percolator’s holder, and manually slowly pour the boiling water through. Now that I tired of the struggle and upgraded, I simply put coffee in the FlexBrew holder, pour water in the reservoir, push the little red button and go about my business, coming back seconds later to good hot fresh coffee.
So, it’s out with the old, in with the new, but I’ll hang onto the percolator for when new breaks down, as new always does. Old lasts forever, new … not so much.



Lastly, looks like I won’t have to return to the dealership at all because, driving back to purchase the coffee machine yesterday, I’d forgotten the driver side mirror needed replacing and couldn’t be adjusted to where I’d get maximum coverage to see what’s coming as I drove onto the freeway. Without thinking I pushed the adjustment control and the mirror moved to where I needed it.
I think what happened was, when whoever it was bumped it out of placement and the mechanic removed the mirror to put in the new part, saw the new part damaged/unusable, he put the old mirror back on and that resolved the problem, saving me $450 and another 3 hours in the waiting room.
Now how to tell the Service Analyst I don’t need the new part he’s rounding up.

No comments:

Post a Comment