Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Caved

Why oh why did Head Maintenance Guy pick yesterday morning, when I was on my way to the foyer to slip Starbuck gift cards in all staff stockings, except his, to both smile and wave good morning to me.
As a refresher, I was leaving him out of gifting as a lesson for not doing right by me and because it is my belief that bad behavior is not to be rewarded; but after he smiled and waved, I felt awful for leaving him out. So awful that, remembering the bible verse that returning good for evil (a show of forgiveness) is like reaping burning coals on the person who was unkind to you (shames and makes the offender feel guilty), I relented, drove to Starbucks, picked up another gift card and dropped it in his stocking.
I’m torn.
On one hand, I feel better for having done the right thing, spiritually speaking; but humanly speaking, I’m a little angry at myself for caving in because I’ve never ever actually seen this returning good for evil work on the offending party. I’ve seen it come back and create good in my life from other avenues, but I’ve never seen a change in the offending individual.
I guess that’s the point of this lesson – that it’s not about what HMG does/doesn’t do, it’s about me not putting the negative action into the universe of deliberately leaving him out, thereby creating bad karma to come back and bite me in the butt.
So, whether HMG goes back to being lazy, unresponsive, giving me side-eye, or whether he continues this new course of smiling, waving, I think I’m done skewering him on this blog. Just remember, I did say “think”, so don’t hold me to it.
Today looks like another free day to focus on the latest never ending needlepoint project.

May 2017 - December 2017 Progress

1 comment: