Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Exercising My Prerogative

Five days until this year’s Spooktacular 5K and I’ve exercised my prerogative to change my mind as to which costume to wear.

After all that work in putting together a PokémonGo Red Team Trainer, including accessioning with a red cap and red fanny pack – both to which I’ve added appropriate iron-on patches, I decided not to wear it.




Looking at the activities planned for the event, which include a 7:30 Thriller Warm-Up requesting “sport your spooky costume as we warm up”, I decided to once again suit up as Walking Dead Chic with a Sword Fan Favorite Michonne.


Spooktacular 2015

Last year’s fiasco, when that clueless old lady emceed the costume contest, ignored the crowd, chose what SHE liked and ruined the contest for me, is what prompted me to go different this year. But the joy of being Michonne for a day, the shout outs of “Great Costume!” and “Hey, Michonne!” is just too much fun to pass up.

So Michonne it definitely is and whether or not I enter the Costume Contest is dependent upon who’s emceeing this year.

The Trainer costume won’t go to waste. Instead of Minion at the Halloween Brunch Potluck here at the complex, I’ll wear the Trainer outfit.

Really doesn’t matter which I wear around here, these folks are so stuck in the past that they don’t know nothing from nothing anyway, couldn’t appreciate either, so I’m opting for the Trainer because it’s the easiest and simplest to wear.

On another topic, looks like my last visit to drop off/pick up at the bus terminal was my last visit as granddaughter bought and now has possession of that car.




Not knowing one make and model from another, I asked, “What is it?”

“A PT Cruiser” said she; then added in what sounded like embarrassment, “It’s old ... a 2006”.

“That’s two years younger than my car”, said I, which immediately perked her up.

The car is in really good shape considering the seller’s loser adult children, which she allowed back into the home, took advantage and drove the car without permission and without having driver licenses.

She’d given the DMV book to the daughter to study for licensing, and probably would have given her the car; however, unwilling to take responsibility and move forward in life, daughter declined to study and put her mom, and mom’s new marriage, in jeopardy by doing what she wanted, when she wanted, without permission – as did her brother, expecting mom like always to tolerate, put up with, protect them in their wrongdoing.

It’s a miracle no one or thing was ever injured, so the car requires no body work. The inside, however, looks like a crime scene and will require granddaughter get it cleaned and detailed.





Concerned for granddaughter’s safety, the seller added new tires, new brakes, but charged granddaughter so little for the car as to almost have given it away for free.

The seller was also fairly accurate in saying “it needs work” estimated around $1,000. So far, granddaughter had an oil change service done and, because those loser adult children drove it hard, invested $600 in fixing a problem with the power steering.

Those two millenniums, who think the world owes them a living, can’t be too happy about the car being sold to another relative, rather than gifted to their unlicensed selves, but oh well.

4 comments:

  1. That's good for your granddaughter. When I got the Subaru I gave my previous car, a 1994 Saturn wagon, to a girl we met at the camp where we volunteered a few summers. She had never had her own car and had just graduated from college. She was thrilled even though it was 11 years old.

    I saw it on the road a few weeks ago which doesn't surprise me since she seemed to be very responsible and we had taken very good care of the car up to the time we gave it to her. I'm sure your granddaughter will get good use from her car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. I'm sure she felt blessed. Granddaughter is over the moon, and I feel good about her not having to rely on me, others, and that bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute cars, and you look better than cute in your costume.

    ReplyDelete