Friday, October 28, 2016

Ahead of the Storm

Waking up this morning, thinking I’d have to reschedule the appointment to have the car serviced because a “Powerful Storm” had been predicted by the weather folks, I found a chilly but dry morning.

Arriving at the dealership, I had the choice of driving up to the end of two long lines of cars.

Asking if I should reschedule to a less busy day, I was assured regular maintenance would not be a problem, so I signed in, set PokémonGo and was off to see what I could find in the area.

Starting this past Wednesday, running through November 1, PokémonGo is giving players twice the Candy rewards from catching, hatching, transferring Pokémon. They also promised us more Ghost type Pokémon would be on the prowl, so I’m game to get out as much as possible.

If a storm does come, I seriously doubt I’ll have time to hatch, but I did catch quite a few while waiting for the car to be serviced, three of which were new and one of which is of the promised Ghost Type variety.




Tonight, I’ll be tallying up my catch, looking to see what I can transfer for those extra points; and, if it’s not stormy Saturday and Sunday, I’ll be walking the University – possibly getting some hatch time in.

Returning to the dealership after a successful hunt, I learned my reporting the car feeling low to the ground and bumpy lately are the shocks -- $1300.

The thought of a new car has entered my head a time or two, but I really like my Saturn and probably don’t do enough driving, or have that many more years of driving left in me, to justify a new car, so I’ll have to find a day -- when no storm is predicted, to go back, have that taken care of, do more hunting.

Done at the dealership, I was in a great hurry to return to the complex, but stopped at Trader Joe’s to load up on supplies just in case the storm did happen.

The great hurry was because, just before heading out this morning, I’d received email notification that the Run Like a Diva organization was offering a Virtual 5K, with registration to begin at noon today, and only 500 Virtual spots available.



Last year was the first year the Diva organization offered a virtual, and all 500 spots had been taken before I could get to the computer and register.

So arriving back at the complex shortly after registration began at noon, I rushed in, didn’t even bother to put the groceries away, just headed straight for the computer and got myself successfully registered.

I’d planned for no more 5Ks this year, but the Diva Run is special, I can do it alone and take my time. After that boring disappointing Monster Run, alone (virtual) is looking like the best option going forward.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, aren't you Inland Empire? What big storm? No big storm projected (or small one) for Orange County...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd. That's all I've been hearing on news last few days, besides all the election crap I try not to listen to, is rain, big storm coming. It was suppose to be starting late Thursday night.

      Delete