Sunday, July 2, 2017

Happy World UFO Day

But first … Happy Belated Canada Day to my Canadian readers.
There was a 5K for that you know.


Nice medal, but a 39.8 mile virtual San Francisco challenge appeared in email on Friday.


Of course, I registered quick, fast, in a hurry. So, already in the process of tooling around on the indoor bike for that challenge, which should take about a week, I had to pass on Canada Day.
Plus, I’d registered weeks ago for today’s World UFO’s 10K.


Consequently, my geek meter required I take a break from San Francisco today and devote 6.21 miles to World UFO.
Researching what this day is about, I learned, “World UFO Day is an awareness day for people to gather together and watch the skies for unidentified flying objects. The day is celebrated by some on June 24, and others on July 2. June 24 is the date that aviator Kenneth Arnold reported what is generally considered to be the first widely reported unidentified flying object sighting in the United States, while July 2 commemorates the supposed UFO crash in the 1947".
Hard core believers will be celebrating with “Sky Watching Parties”.
For me, it’s just another opportunity to earn a cool medal.
I can’t remember where I saw this posted but, well over a month ago, I read where a husband and wife were having a conversation wherein the husband lamented, in regards to alien life, that “None of it is true … the UFO’s … Area 51 ... Roswell, none of it is true.” The wife asked, “How do you know … How can you be sure?". “Because”, said the husband, “If it were true, do you think Trump could keep is big fat mouth shut about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment