Saturday, October 8, 2016

Unseen Influences

Years ago I read and related to a book by Dick Stuphen which, as best I recall, was about energy vampires – people, things, places that have good and bad influences on one physically, mentally, emotionally.

Returning home from that long wait at the bus terminal yesterday, I found myself craving sugar like you wouldn’t believe.

Stress, thought I, but managed to tough-it-out and not give into the craving.

It was nice and cool when I awoke at 5:00 this morning. I should have headed out for a walk but found I could barely move my body. A good night’s sleep and I awakened totally exhausted, still craving sugar and so off center that I couldn’t calm my mind into meditation.

It’s being in that unpleasant part of town, the energy of which just totally drained and exhausted me.

The good news is … it’s looking like I may never have to drive granddaughter to/from that bus terminal ever again. A relative purchasing a new car, offered to sell granddaughter their used auto.

“It needs work” I’m told. The exact nature of work, I do not know, but the work needed is estimated at around $1,000. The relative selling the car is trustworthy, insofar as wanting what’s best for granddaughter, and would give her the car outright except payment for the car is earmarked for something. So all in all it sounds like a good deal for granddaughter and hopefully will erase that border line I’ve been living on so that the universe will no longer require me to function in areas that pull me down rather than lift me up.

On tap for today was eating my words and giving into temptation.

I’d recently commented on a blog seeking information about fitness bands that I’d thought about purchasing one, but passed because I didn’t like the idea of an electronic device attached to my body.

Well, today I had to eat those words. I bought a Vivofit, but only because I had to.

My phone had been running so hot lately that I sought advice at the cellphone store last week.

“You can’t run your Runkeeper, Camera, GPS and PokémonGo all at the same time.”

“Put I need them all at the same time.”

“You have to choose.”

After thinking about it, I decided to remove the Runkeeper app and track miles via a fitness band.

I'm not liking it, but hopefully that solves the overheating problem.

As for giving into temptation, I stopped at Sprout’s for groceries on the way back. Still craving something sweet, I spotted a fresh-baked cherry pie.

At Starbucks, the guy in the car ahead treated me to coffee.

Hours spent soaking up the positive energy of the Rancho Cucamonga area, a late lunch of coffee and cherry pie, I expect to wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the reason I get so tired? I head into a really negative part of town two to three times a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woke up this morning with energy to spare. I've seen the truth of what I read many times over the years. You might find the book enlightening, if it's still in print. Unseen Influences by Dick Stuphen.

      Delete