Thursday, June 11, 2026

L.A. Pride

Heading out on Saturday to represent Twin 1 at Sunday's Pride Parade.


Granddaughter and I will be driven in a car, while a contingent from Twin 1’s organization Beauty2theStreetz, and possibly some of the unhoused that Twin 1 clothed/fed/obtained housing for/supported in a myriad of other ways, will be walking alongside the parade route with us.

The Parade starts at 11:00, will be broadcast live on ABC 7, streamed on Hulu, with Twin 1’s moment arriving at approximately 11:30.

We’ve been instructed to wear purple, with fun and/or related rainbow themed accessories. So, if you're watching the broadcast, you just might catch a glimpse of our dressed in purple selves.

But then again, maybe not, because my TV Guide indicates the broadcast ends at 11:30, just as Twin 1's moment arrives, while ABC's promo indicates the live ends at 1:00.

I don't have access to Hulu, so your guess is as good as mine as to how long that broadcast is slated to run.

At any rate, enjoy what there is of LA Pride you're able to view in your areas.

30 comments:

  1. What a nice memorial for Twin 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking she must have been scheduled to participate as Grand Marshall then what happened happened, so they made her Legacy Grand.

      Delete
  2. So cool to have Twin 1 included. Drink water! Proud of you and your entire contingent! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful rememberance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful and uplifting atmosphere for her to be remembered in, otherwise I don't think I could handle it.

      Delete
  4. I will celebrate this LA Pride with gusto. This thrills me. I will find it somewhere I’m sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to be out there in love and support of Twin #1 and her work!
    Happy Happy Pride!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you were asked to participate in this honor. Your daughter did great things and it's good to see that her works and her memory are continuing to make a difference and get the glory. I hope you love every moment of this honor for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now see this is a prime example of what I was talking about my latest post. People who deserve to be recognized and Grand Marshals and gay pride parades. Not people who don't have anything to do with pride. Even though your dear daughter is passed on you can certainly still be proud of her. Have a good
    time and Happy Pride to you Sister Shirley
    🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that post earlier and was surprised to learn that brainless Paris Hilton had been a Grand Marshall a few years back. Going to be emotional, but I'll try to have a good time.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like so much fun, but it’s hot for a parade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so proud for you and Twin 1 and a wonderful growth moment for Grand Girl to see Twin 1 honored and to know that public service and giving is honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they'll be other family members participating, my sister's son and who knows else.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely way to celebrate your daughter, Shirley. Her work and commitment won't soon be forgotten by those she helped!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolute honor for Twin 1, and how incredible that you and your granddaughter get to be right there in the car representing such a beautiful mission. The fact that the Beauty2theStreetz contingent and the folks your twin has personally helped are walking right alongside you makes it even more special, and you are all going to look amazing rocking that purple and rainbow gear! Television schedules are always such a headache to figure out, but hopefully ABC7 sticks to that longer broadcast block so everyone watching from home gets to see that well-deserved 11:30 spotlight. Have the absolute best time celebrating on Sunday, and soak up every single minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is incredible. It will be very moving but how wonderful that you get to witness this testimony to Twin 1's work and her legacy. She certainly left her mark on this world and I hope your personal pride will make up for any sad moments. If ever there was something to fee proud of!!! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing what some had to say about Twin 1, she absolutely did leave her mark on the world. She used to tell me "Ma! I'm famous". I never paid much attention to that, but It was eye opening/amazing to see and hear her being so acknowledged and recognized. She actually was famous.

      Delete
  13. That is awesome. What a great way to honor your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see recognition for your daughter and her work is ongoing. Hope the parade went well for all. Glad you got to participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parade went well, but all the press and spectators acknowledging Twin 1, it was a lot for me.

      Delete
  15. I Hope Twin 1's Moment is captured in the Broadcast, it's all important enough to deserve coverage, lots of it, to be uplifted these days by Positive people who make a real difference is so needed. I'm so glad you and Granddaughter get to be Representing your Dear Daughter who made such a difference in so many lives. You'll look fabulous I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was captured on the broadcast. Granddaughter and I were interviewed by one of the Anchors but, before we even got started in the parade, there were interviews by various news sources, people coming up taking pics, saying kind words about "Ms. Shirley", it got overwhelming for me and by the time Channel 7 interviewed Granddaughter and I, I was a mess, excused myself from talking saying Twin 1's passing away a month ago was too raw. She didn't pass away a month ago ... it was in January, but everything began to feel like it was just yesterday.

      Delete