Saturday, May 2, 2026

Proof of Life

You will never believe who I saw walking down the walkway with Lu yesterday at 5:30 PM.

I’ll give you a hint … it was someone who was almost in tears, heart broke she’d called the relationship off for the umpteenth time, this time her calling if off because he had not the funds to satisfy her gold digging tendencies (per him), saying he can’t take the off/on, on/off, off/on any longer, vowing to never put himself in that position again.

If you guessed the person I saw looking pleased as punch, while walking along with Lu to be Dream Lover, you’d be 100% correct.

Seems he folded, a case of Please Lu, May I Have Some More.

What a simp; but, oh well, it be that way sometimes.

Today was spent child proofing the unit in advance of a visit by the Great Grandbabies tomorrow, now 3 and 4 years old — moved pins and needles away from causing harm to curious little fingers, moved the Life Alert box to higher grounds, away from buttons being pushed/generating a false alert, took a photo of my feng shui numbers focusing on fulfillment, independence, balance so that, when the numbers get moved and played with, I can remember what order to return them to.


Far far away, I put baskets filled with flash drives, small electronics and items I keep nearby for ease of use, so they wouldn’t get played with and lost; unplugged the laptop, relocated it out of sight to the bedroom, unplugged the power strip for the craft lamps and laptop that was likely to be tripped over, relocated that strip out of sight to the bedroom as well. The craft lamps I left as is, not worried they’d be knocked over in play and if they did get knocked over wouldn’t be a big deal or loss as I no longer use them.

Then, with chips already in the cupboard, I headed to the market, stocked up on turkey dogs, hot dog buns, catsup, pickle relish, so granddaughter wouldn't have to worry about bringing food for the kids.

I forgot mustard; but, oh well.

Then, seeing the doors to the Pain Cave across the street open, indicating Trainer was in the studio today, I drove over to surprise him … walked up to the door, yelled, "Namaste bitches!"

To which he responded, "Oh hell no", looking pleased to see me.

Saying all the fighters keep asking about me, but not in a have you seen Shirley lately kind of way but instead asking, "Is Shirley still alive", LOL, I left him with a proof of life selfie, which he promptly posted to Instagram with the song "Today was a Good Day" by Ice Cube; and a promise, per his request, I’d stop by more often.


Trainer later turned an old photo into this ……


And later still, same graphic but with Shaboozy's song "Last of My Kind".


That song fits me.

Trainer misses me … a lot.

20 comments:

  1. "Namaste bitches!" - omg, that should be a t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about the Trainer missing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's his own fault I'm gone. He made the same mistake past boyfriends have made ... took me for granted. In his case, he reduced my workout area to little of no equipment and no space to make room for the fighters, just took for granted I'd accept it. I'll keep my promise and visit, but not often.

      Delete
  3. That graphic and Namaste Bitches, your next T-shirt! Or a whole line of T-shirts! Poor Dream Lover. You know it was coming. Have a ball with the great-grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That graphic may very well be my next tee. I don't know about the "bitches" though. Not everyone has a sense of humor.

      Delete
  4. I love the Pain Cave poster; you look like a superhero!!
    And, like you, I can be BOTH Namaste AND bitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have superhero vibe and, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards another t-shirt. Namaste AND bitches seems a healthy balance to me, very Yin and Yang.

      Delete
  5. OMG the meme of you wielding the metal folding chair as a weapon -- "Not today, Satan, not today!" -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trainer is turning into a graphic artist with me as his muse.

      Delete
  6. Love the videos!!! Shaboozy is fabulous (and so are you Queen!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That meme is just crying out to be on a T-shirt! Edit out the Pain Cave logos and it'd be good to go... I love the "Namaste Bitches" too, but your neighbours don't have your refined sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww. I remember having to childproof my apartment. A pain but such sweet times. Love the Pain Cave poster. I'm glad you took advantage of the open door to see Trainer. For me, he's part of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trainer and I definitely have a deep bond. Child proofing worked to a degree, but darn if they didn't find things to put in their mouths that worried me to where I had to relocate those items to higher ground, LOL.

      Delete
  9. Love what Trainer Created, you look like a True Super Hero. And a Day spent with the Great-Grandbabies, will be so Joyful, they're already that Age, my how Time just flies!!! Dream Lover folding, mebbe she put a Spell on him? *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lu definitely has something going on to cause Dream Lover not able to resist her charms. I have no sympathy for weak men, so he'd better not try crying on my shoulder next time. The great grands wore me out. I'm gonna need a few days to recover.

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful post, in so many ways. You get to see your darling kiddos. You got to check in with your gym rat buddies. You got a promo piece on the Pain Cave social media. All good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are better than others. Nice that family coming to me, rather than I driving 2 hours to them.

      Delete