Yesterday’s "Thanksgiving Social and Tenant Council Meeting" did not disappoint in providing the disappointment I’d expected.
Scheduled for noon to 1:30, I was back in my unit by 12:15.
Arriving just before noon, with my notepad to document what management had to say in the meeting portion, I found only seven residents in the room, and all seven were of the Usual Suspects. (Talker was in attendance, MAGA was not, so no tea to report back).
There were no decorations, no coffee, no nothing prepared for us.
Kesha didn't know anything about a "Tenant Council Meeting", said she didn't know why the office even put that on the calendar. Then she began walking around, having us sign her attendance sheet, so she can get credit for hosting an event, as she gave out little bags of potato chips.
Adding insult to injury, they're not even turkey flavored.
I did hear Kesha order a pizza for the few attendees, but I didn’t stick around long enough to see it delivered. As stated above, I was outta there at 12:15, saying I had better things to do — like laundry while there’s a break in the rain and steam clean the bathroom (both of which is what I did with my time).
Painted Rock Lady laughed, said in a sarcastic tone, "I got up early for this".
Will I ever learn not to waste my time buying into management posting event on the activity calendar that rarely come to fruition.
Ernie did a walkthrough while I was in the room, saw me sitting at a table off to myself, said out loud to the room, "I have to go hug this beautiful lady". I didn’t stand up, so he bent over, hugged what he could, then kissed me on the cheek.
Hmmmmmm??????
Crafty Lady was in the room, seemed to have gotten over being salty towards me for ghosting her that day.
In fact, when the Baker was telling me we’d be doing something different for Christmas, that instead of a big party, she’ll make lasagna, salad, and we’ll be doing crafts and cookie decorating, Crafty Lady walked over to add she’d be teaching attendees how to turn something or other into another something or other involving jewelry, and that she’d picked out a witch for me to work on.
Hmmmmmm??????
Seems I'm taking up space in her head; she's thinking of me even when I'm not around which, ordinarily, would be nice but feels a little creepy coming from her. At any rate, I very much fear she's going to get her feelings hurt yet again, because my job at the Christmas event will be that of photographer. I'll be focusing on who's coming in, who's doing what, capturing memories for the Residents' FB page, with little time for crafting.
If by chance I do get a minute to participate in crafts and the choice is decorating cookies or participate in what she's doing with jewelry, you can probably guess I'll go for decorating cookies.
Next up is Friday’s Thanksgiving event that us residents are hosting for ourselves. We’ll probably get quite the turnout for that. MAGA might even show up, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kesha walk in to take names/pics, give us candy so she can steal credit for the event.
This management group is soooooo tacky.

"hugged what he could" -- hahahahaha!
ReplyDelete🤣but worked to Ernie's advantage as he was in position to give me a kiss on the cheek.
DeleteI hope that Management understands that after a few disappointments, and yall have already had enough, it will be extremely hard to get confidence in management back. This causes negativity in the residents which will seep into the atmosphere of the whole complex.
ReplyDeleteThe atmosphere where it relates to management is already beyond repair, which is why it's generally just us Usual Suspects who show up. No one but us regulars seem willing to give them a chance, which they blow every time, causing us to also begin to no longer care to show up.
DeleteAnother non-event courtesy of Management, big surprise! Kesha taking credit for events she's had no part in planning or hosting for seniors is despicable. Guess she's never heard of ethics or a moral compass... so she's probably on the fast track for management, LOL!
ReplyDeleteYep, she's fitting right in with the status quo. I'd have expected better of her but it's clear that she doesn't really like the work she's doing.
DeleteBut, oh my god, she gave out little free bags of potato chips!
ReplyDeleteThese management people have no shame.
DeleteHow bizarre. Bummer that management seems to not care at all. Can you refuse to sign that event paper? Is it in your lease? Isn't it against the law? Make her sign another paper that she didn't really have an event, and send it to building owners? Iz grumpy, sorry. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteLOL, that's pretty funny about signing another paper that she didn't really have an event.
DeleteAll that nothing AND a bag of chips?
ReplyDeleteOh Hell No!
You can't make this stuff up.
DeleteSmall bags of Lays chips? My lands, that must have for sure broke the bank.
ReplyDeleteThere is supposedly money built into the budget to fund events, so I'm seriously beginning to think there's some shenanigans going on when we're getting chips for Thanksgiving. Where's the money going?
DeleteI'd recommend checking the "Best by" date on the bag of chips. Was it an actual corporate expenditure or did someone steal the packages from the snack machine vendor's service cart when s/he was changing out expired inventory and, as you intuit someone is skimming off the activities budget.
DeleteWill Jay
LOL, I checked and just under the wire, best by Dec 30, 2025.
DeleteIf she is in charge of activities - how can she not be aware of activities that management posts!!!!! Jeeeesh
ReplyDeleteI guess any excuse is better than none.
DeleteKecia/Kesha is getting a decent salary for --- what exactly? JanF
ReplyDeleteThat's the 64 thousand dollar question.
Delete"Tacky" isn't quite the word I would have used.
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing your word would be, what I'd originally started to say, "This is some bulls_it".
DeleteIf Kesha does show up no one should sign her paper so she doesn't get credit for anything you guys do for yourselves.
ReplyDeleteI'll never sign again. That's for sure.
Delete