I’ve been so preoccupied with whatnots that I not only missed the time change, I missed Monday.
Upon receiving a text at 5:30 pm on Sunday that started with "Hey beautiful", asking me to post photos to the Residents’ facebook page of the day’s Craft session, I questioned why Crafts was on Sunday then realized the day was not Sunday, it had to be Monday.
Later, while reading blogs, I saw mention of "falling back".
My taking no notice of either the day of the week or time change is somewhat understandable because, as a retiree …… who cares. Unless there are doctor appointments or a gym schedule to adhere to, the weeks, days, times are pretty much moot, one does what one does when one does it, on a daily basis.
It used to be I could tell days of the week by which of my TV show was on, but now that I’ve discovered Chinese Dramas, I pretty much let the VCR record things like Food Network Competitions, Survivor, Amazing Race for later viewing.
So anyway, as of today, I’m current on which day of the week this is …… Crafts Wednesday, and the microwave is set to display the correct time.
Though Crafty Lady continues to address me as "Hey, beautiful", I don’t think there’s anything in her mind other than business. I can sense she’s taken a giant step back and is now a little less salty about having to do so.
That doesn’t mean I’ll be comfortable enough with her to go down to Crafts today or ever again.
Besides, now that the never ending needlepoint canvas has been completed (I’m waiting for the frame to arrive before I do a big reveal), I’ve crafts enough with catching up on scrapbooking the great grandkids photos, backed up since last December.
Crafty Lady has made no more mention of my hosting Scrapbook Classes for the seniors, which I had no intention of doing. However, it hit me that 1) the seniors don’t take sufficient or any pictures at all to justify scrapbooking and 2) it’s an expensive hobby, a hobby they probably can’t afford to waste money on considering the rising cost of food, medication, and rent increases. So, if she ever revisits that idea, those points are viable shutdowns if my simple "no" doesn't satisfy her.
If someone called me beautiful I wouldn't care about motives! At least not at that moment. I'm not a crafter. Funny you missed both the time change and Monday!
ReplyDeleteI hear you, but I don't sense her calling me beautiful as sincere. Besides, I know what's under my makeup, LOL. Missing Monday makes for a good start to the week. I recommend it.
DeleteYou're only supposed to "fall back" ONE HOUR, not AN ENTIRE DAY! Hahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteI missed that part in orientation.
DeleteNo worries, Shirley -- we don't have Daylight Savings Time in this province and I still have to check the Weather Channel sometimes to know what day it is, LOL!
ReplyDeleteLucky you. Wish we didn't have DST, don't understand the necessity for it.
DeleteI now often forget what Day it is. And have to check the Calendar, important to know when it's Tuesdays coz that's when I take my weekly injection of Ozempic for the Diabetes. It's working so well AND the bonus is weight loss, so, whoop whoop!
ReplyDeleteI've been pretty good about marking the days of the week off on my organizer until this last weekend when I got busy organizing photos for the scrapbooks. My mind was filled with creative ideas and, when I get in that frame of mind, everything else goes out the window. In fact, I was in the tub this morning when an idea for a layout came to mind. Not wanting to lose it, I jumped out of the tub to document the idea before I forgot, LOL.
DeleteAs spacey as I was on Monday, it was almost like losing the whole day.
ReplyDeleteSpacey can happen.
DeleteWell, get adjusted to these time change things. You don't want to miss the next big election! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteI'll never get adjusted to this. So annoying.
DeleteI scrapbook and it is indeed expensive. I'm trying to use all the stuff I already have before buying more.
ReplyDeleteI'll never in this life get through all the paper I have. Working now in looking through to find which paper will be a good background for each photo before I buy more. If you ever need specific paper, please check with me to see if I have. Would be happy to get some of the paper I'll probably never use again off my hands.
DeleteI agree with you on the scrapbooking. I have to be very careful about what hobbies I allow myself these days. One, because some of them can be very expensive and two, I don't really have a craft space in this apartment. The limited space available also helps me not get carried away with too many new projects.
ReplyDeleteThe limited space is a challenge for me as well. Thank the lord for clear plastic containers, piled up everywhere, LOL.
DeleteThe rising cost of food prevents many posts from myself and others. 😟
ReplyDeleteI miss the days when I lived on canned soup, crackers, peanut butter, ramen noodles. They were cheap eats, perfect for me who hates cooking, but I can't eat any of that now and my grocery bill is outrageous.
DeleteAnd do you realize how much calmer you sound now that you've "settled some hash"? Gee, I wonder if anyone ever uses that expression anymore.
ReplyDeleteI admit I was feeling very harassed, very annoyed, on edge, didn't realize it was coming through in my blogging. Never heard that expression, looked it up and LOL ... "deal with and subdue someone in no uncertain manner". Hit the nail on the head.
Delete