Sunday, November 30, 2025

Mutual Admiration Society

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas up in here. The Santa Chairs, Boot Stocking, front door and patio decorations are all in place.






There’s a view from the bedroom window of a lighted patio, two other residents on the front side of my building have lights up.

Heading out this morning for the market, I could see one of the residents across the quad has a Santa on her patio and returning, having to drive through the opposite gate, because I’m not sure the gate on my side is fixed, I saw two other patios decked out for Christmas.

So, it’s at least looking good for a festive appearance around here.

While at the market, just as I was turning into the bulk water isle, a young man who looked around 18/19 walked over and said, "I want to say something", so I paused.

"You see that guy over there (pointing to a guy, also around 18/19, smiling our way from the Bakery Department), he’s my best friend in the world".

No idea where he was going with telling me that, so I said what I was thinking …… "He’s cute" (he was).

"He said you’re pretty".

WOW! Mutual admiration going on.

I should have said, "Thank you for telling me", but that was all there was to the encounter, as we went our different ways smiling, me saying to myself, "He's got good taste for a kid".

31 comments:

  1. Wow! If I got a compliment like that I would be walking on air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still smiling. Will remember those boys for a long time.

      Delete
  2. With the festive season under way, I wonder how many times you'll spot the elf down at the grocery market this year??? And what a creative wreath Shirley!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have held off on grocery shopping until tomorrow, Dec 1, when the elf returns.

      Delete
  3. Totally cool! So, the next time you see them, since you DO look much younger than your age, you should ask them to guess how young you are. More fun than the older wannabe Romeos at the apartment complex, eh? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure they could easily discern I'm not in their age bracket without having to guess, but sweet of them to see my aura not my age.

      Delete
  4. A Christmas admirer!! That's a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally unexpected, and one of the best gifts ever.

      Delete
  5. It's so nice when folks can give each other truly genuine compliments! Yes, it makes your heart sing- giving or receiving. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They walked away smiling; I walked away smiling.

      Delete
  6. You are pretty! I am glad the world is noticing!
    I love your door and mat, so cute. Isn't it great when you can see other people's lights out your window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something comforting about seeing Christmas lights, especially when I don't have to leave my unit, travel downtown to see lights in the shop/store windows, like when I was a kid.

      Delete
  7. I love your decorations! And those two young men know what’s up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. compliments from strangers are almost better than from someone we know. I'd be walking on air if two young guys had interacted with me that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tiny chairs are so cute. Love the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost donated those chairs, glad I changed my mind, decided to keep.

      Delete
  10. Your decorations are so nice. You are such a creative person. If they have a contest for patio decorations you should win hands down. It is very pretty and colorful. I need you to put some of that sexy in a bottle and send me some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A decorating contest would certainly liven up the place. Too bad management didn't think of it, and I doubt they would have been open to that suggested. "Sexy in a bottle and send", 🤣🤣 But in all fairness, it's all smoke and mirrors ..... makeup.

      Delete
  11. Your decorations are great! Notice a theme of Santa's belt...
    Are the little figurines in the boot photo a salt and pepper set? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, salt and pepper but I never use them, too precious to use, display only.

      Delete
  12. Your miniature Santa chairs are so cute! I like the Xmas Cowboy Boot header too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have little Cowboy Santas to sit in the chairs, but I'm too lazy to dig them out of storage.

      Delete