Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Yesterday Was Monday

This morning started off like a 1986 episode of Twilight Zone that so fascinated me that, some 33 years later, I still remember it and apply that episode when I’ve looked for something, found it not to be in its normal place, only to later find it in it's normal place ... where I’d first looked.
The episode was titled “Matter of Minutes” and was based on the science fiction “Yesterday was Monday” story and told of a couple waking up to find themselves surrounded by construction men and everything being changed around them.
The couple had somehow slipped into a loophole and while they should have been waking in at 9:33 a.m. ─ for some reason they have hopped over into 11:37 a.m, catching how the universe works with little construction workers building a separate world we’re not to know about. When it’s our tune to awaken, the separate world is torn down, we awaken to our own world with things just as we’d left them. HOWEVER, sometimes the construction workers make a mistake, we can’t find an item where it should be, the construction workers realize oh oh, slip back in and put the item in place.
So this morning, when my Wonder Woman coffee cup was not on the counter where I’d left it, and I’d checked every single place it could possibly be, I told myself the little construction workers had forgotten to return it and it would show up later.
It did show up later.


Inside the microwave. The only place I didn’t think to look.
So maybe I was wrong about the little construction workers this time ... or was I?
I’m avoiding the Community Room for a while, as I ponder what’s going on with Handsome Guy.
He’s known me some five years and its been friendly chats with him looking out for me, just like Apache does.
Now he’s joking around (or is he) about spending more time in the Community Room because, as he put it, “I was waiting for you to come in”.
It really threw me for a loop when, after following me around at the Halloween Party, he got up from his seat, caught me at the door as I was leaving and hugged me saying “Happy Halloween”.
I’ve been spontaneously hugged before, but a Happy Halloween hug is a first.
The room was full of residents, everyone saw and their 2 plus 2 is going to add up to an incorrect 5.
I can live with that but the plan is to avoid Handsome Guy until he calms down and slows his roll.
It’s probably just with the holidays coming, guys want to be with someone but Handsome Guy has a mother living in the area to turn to, several women here who’ve (according to what he’s told me in the past) have expressed an interest, invited him to dinner, in addition to the many women in his church charmed by his handsome self so he doesn’t need to be alone or try to change our status quo.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I believe in the construction workers. Perhaps they popped him in an alternate world too.

    ReplyDelete