Thursday, February 7, 2019

Dead Guy Update

The image that popped into my head was spot on.
The Navy Vet with the dog that looks like Rin Tin Tin was the resident Apache meant as having passed away.
Problem is .... Navy Vet is very much alive and his name is not “Gene”.
Apache got it twisted.
“Gene”, the guy “They found dead in his unit” turns out to be that guy that tried to make my acquaintance by hanging around my quad.
He lived on the back side of the complex, but would come all the way over to sit on the bench in my quad.
Not suspicious in itself because the spot, with its parklike view, is nice.
However, his back was to my unit, inconvenient for watching my comings/goings. So what he did was to walk to the opposite end of the quad and sit on his walker, which gave him a bird’s-eye view to my unit.


From there he worked himself up to asking to ride with me to the market. He felt creepy so of course I said no, and it all ended when he got a friendly back the heck off from Handsome Man.
I’d see him around (I avoided making eye contact), but never saw him hanging around my quad after that.
No one knows what he died of or who the “they” are that found him.
Poor guy. 
I did feel bad for not extending myself, giving him that ride ─ but not bad enough to be a bleeding heart and fall for his act. 
Been there, done that far too many times in my life and if there’s one thing I’ve learned from being too nice, too friendly, too willing to go out of my way to help, it’s “No good deed goes unpunished”. 
It took some hammering, but I’m not so easily manipulated these days, my heart has hardened. 
Hard hearted though I now am, I’m not completely heartless. So, I reached out to Activity Director, asked her to check in on his needing transportation to the market as I didn’t think it appropriate to have bypassed all his immediate neighbors, come all the way over to my quad, sit in a spot where he could view my comings/goings and ask me.
I mentioned some time ago that Activity Director’s job has been transitioning away from Activities and more into Outreach. In other words, she gets paid to be a bleeding heart.
When I followed up, she said she’d made contact but was not allowed to tell me if he’d indicated he needed help.
I’m thinking not. He just wanted female company.
Oh well, it’s all grist for the mill now.
I also learned why my attempt at matchmaking failed. The Navy Vet is already married. He has a wife in his unit. Evidently, she’s in poor health and doesn’t get out.
Who knew.
Further Update: I just got another message from Apache ... “Hey, I think your stalker passed away”.
He figured it out.
The sun is shinning today, but it’s still cold ...


So I’ll only go as far as the scale in the Game Room today to see if this sitting all day is having a negative impact my weight.

3 comments:

  1. This sitting all day is having an impact on me, fer sure. LOL Sorry about your stalker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only gained a quarter of a pound, but I'm losing muscle mass.

      Delete
  2. You did better then me. I gained 2 pounds since September. Not sure how but the doctor chewed me out. It used to be I could lose that in a week. Sorry to say, not anymore.

    ReplyDelete