Friday, September 30, 2016

Oh, the Places You'll Go

Dr. Seuss was foreseeing PokémonGo when he wrote that story, because Go has led me to discover places and things that have been right in front of my eyes the entire time I’ve lived in the Inland Empire area (since 2006, minus that year I relocated to Long Beach to help a relative out), but which were never noticed.

The laptop has been running hot last few days, signaling the death knoll of my current chill mat, need for a new one. So off I go to Best Buy this morning.

Getting out of the car, I scanned the area for Pokémon. Nothing new, but did manage three recaptures (300 points) at the door.

Leaving with the last chill mat they had in stock, I was surprised at the level of theft prevention inside the store. Not only was my purchase enclosed in a clear bag, so they could see what I had when I exited the store, but there was a guy at the door who double checked by comparing my receipt to what was in the clear bag.

Not only that, but I was shocked to see a Security Guard walking around the parking lot.

This is a nice area, thought I. The fact that they’d gone so far as to employ security for the parking lot tells me something has happened here. It’s a sad commentary on life that, probably more than once, someone had been robbed of valuable electronics after leaving the store.

On the brighter side of life, heading home, I was drawn to what looked to be a body of water behind the Outback Steakhouse.

Before PokémonGo, I would not only have not noticed the sight, but definitely would have not stopped to explore.

After parking, I set the app, did not find any Pokémon but did find -- sandwiched between the rear of Outback and a business park, PokéStops and a little slice of heaven in the form of a soothing calming waterfall and duck pond.





City Woman that I am, I can't remember the last time I saw ducks or even IF I ever saw them in a pond before.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely water feature. Hope more people stop and enjoy that scene before returning to their hectic life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the area of my dentist and Souplantation so, whenever I visit either, I'll be stopping back by for a relaxing moment.

      Delete
  2. Still not playing Pokemon Go? Download Pokemon Go (Available for iOS and Android)

    ReplyDelete