Thursday, September 29, 2016

National Coffee Day

After two nights of sleeping straight through, another day without borders – yesterday all to myself, and considerable progress having been made on that Red Team PokémonGo Trainer jacket for Halloween, I was ready to brave the weather and other people’s chi energy today, National Coffee Day.

Deciding to bypass Krispy Kreme’s free glazed doughnut and free 12-ounce cup of coffee, hoping to run across new and different Pokémon than are available in my area, I drove 12 miles to the Starbucks in Redland’s Citrus Plaza.

Nothing free there. Their offer was “for every cup of México Chiapas coffee you buy, Starbucks will donate a coffee tree to help a farmer's future”.

Having never heard of México Chiapas before, I gave it a try and couldn’t really tell the difference from the every-day blend.

As for new and different Pokémon, I did come across one new, earning 500 points versus the 100 points for recaptures, and a few “different” types I needed more of but could not find locally.

So, all in all, it was worth the drive.

Assemblying the jacket for Halloween went rather quickly after I finally got the proportions correct. All that’s left to do is to put in the zipper and add some top stitching.




Now that I see it up close and personal, the design reminds me of something from the past – a 1960/1970 car hop uniform perhaps or a jockey’s uniform? Looking at the picture on the pattern, I’m even reminded of 1960 Stewardess uniforms.




I dunno???

Maybe it’s just me because, reaching Level 894 of Candy Crush this morning, I thought it looked like Donald Trump.





2 comments: