Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Busy Doing Nothing

Sunday’s spa manicure/pedicure was well worth the over-the-top price. My cuticles are oiled and neatly pushed back, bottom of my feet nice and smooth. I did not get my favorite spa color – a traditional French, or my favorite to do at home color – bright red, because I figured the needlepoint project would scrape off the french tips before the day was over and red nails would leave marks on the whitish canvas.

The Sacrifices I make for art.

I settled for a color from the Shades of Grey line called “My Silk Tie”, because it won’t mar my project and I can easily touch-up the color at home.

Hot and muggy on Monday, I did absolutely nothing but needlepoint and try to catch up on recorded television programs, until granddaughter phoned for a ride to/from an errand, after which it was back to needlepoint and television.

I heard on the news it rained in the area, but I saw no signs of it.

Today was cool and in the 80’s – pretty good for walking, but I blew it by getting online to research an idea I had for the costumed Halloween Spooktacular 5K.

Originally, I was planning on doing the fan favorite Michonne yet again; but then the idea of Pokémon Trainer popped into my head.

Online at 6:30, looking at all kinds of DIY ideas and ready-made for purchase costumes, I found tons, but not much that floated my boat for various reasons; and ready-made for purchase were priced at the insane level. Thinking creatively hours later, I began googling sewing patterns. Nothing on the Simplicity site, but struck gold on McCalls.




I don’t even have to make the entire outfit, as I might substitute my black leggings/black top for the dress, and I already have black workout fingerless gloves. I just have to make the jacket, get a toy PokéBall and do something about a cap.

Since Pokémon is hot right now, I imagine I’ll see a lot of Trainers at the Spooktacular, some costumes way more elaborate than mine, but I can’t imagine any will be as cute as I think I’ll be.

So anyway, pattern ordered, and not a lot of time to waste if I have to order fabric online, I decided to devote remainder of the day to browsing fabric stores. Only, I realized it was already 11:30, I wasn’t dressed and I’d been so preoccupied with researching that I’d failed to fix breakfast and felt the faint twinge of a hunger headache.

By the time all was said and done, early bird that I am, the day was essentially over. I didn’t even get out for coffee until 2:00 (hope caffeine this late in the day doesn’t keep me awake all night). Fabric browsing will have to be tomorrow, after I drop granddaughter off at the bus station for an out-of-town trip.

2 comments:

  1. The knit fabrics will work well here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so, and the one I picked won't make me feel all hot and itchy.

      Delete