Saturday, January 20, 2018

Happy 1st Community Pokémon GO Day


Lured by the promise of catching a special Pokémon and extra points per capture, between the hours of 11:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M., I was off to join the hunt at the University campus this morning.
As soon as I stepped out of the car, I was surrounded by dozens and dozens of Pikachu’s and, as I began walking the campus collecting Pokéballs, I ran into dozens and dozens and dozens more. Also saw a great many individual players, such as myself, and teams taking advantage of the event. I eventually followed a Lure to a location where I found music, vendors, artists, snow on the ground.










Fascinated with what I was seeing, I said to the kids in the middle photo, "This is as close to snow as I've ever come".
They found that hilarious.
“Where’d the snow come from?”, I asked.
“They said it just appeared because it got so cold”.
Yeah, right.
I can be gullible, but not THAT gullible.
Later, as I hunted and hunted and hunted, not seeing anything that looked "special", getting frustrated because there were so many Pikachu’s in my way, I commented to a young lady working with a group, “So many Pikachu’s”.
“It’s an event”, said she.
“Yes, I know. But I don’t need more Pikachu’s”.
“You have to tap on them to find the Special Ones. Here, let me show you”.
And she showed me what the special ones looked like – metallic in color.
“Ohhhhhhhhhh! That’s why so many”.
Bless her heart, she even pointed me to a tree where there was supposedly “a lot of special ones”.
Of course, by then it was getting to the cut-off time, I had passed up so many opportunities to capture a special before other players emptied the pool, because I didn’t know I was to tap on/weed through the dozens and dozens and dozens I’d run into earlier, so I only manage to find and capture two.
But I got ‘em. Don’t yet know what to do with them, but I got ‘em and logged in 2.05 walking miles, 4904 steps.
Since Pokémon GO Community Day is scheduled to be a monthly event, I’ll be giving it another go in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment