Woke up this morning to this ……
A cool 75◦ with much needed rain.
But, and it’s a big BUT, tomorrow’s forecast is whiplashed back to 90◦, with temps rising to a hot 99◦ by Wednesday.
Make it make sense.
Also, under the topic of make it make sense, I’ve been waiting for two sheets of scrapbook paper I ordered as background, for the Creative Memories album's layout of the 5 or so grass skirt pics taken at the End of Summer event.
On August 25, I'd managed to snag the last two sheets of Reminisce - Hawaiian Palm on Wood.
Waiting patiently for and not finding the package the last few times I checked mail, I yesterday tracked and learned it was shipped August 29, "delivered to a parcel locker at 11:34 am on August 31".
Now, the key word here is "A parcel locker" because whatever mail slot the key to the locker was left in, it wasn’t mine cause I never got it.
Someone was so unscrupulous as to take advantage of the mail carrier’s mistake of placing the locker key in the wrong mail slot – and not the first time, and instead of walking over to me/the named recipient, chose to keep what they found inside … also not the first time.
It’s an epidemic around here, and what gets me is that the scrapbook supplies I’ve lost in the past, and currently, aren’t even items the hijacker can use or sell. So why keep it? Why add even more bad karma to your obviously already miserable existence. Just say you received in error, opened not realizing it wasn't his/hers.
That happened to me when I opened a package, saw a shower curtain I'd never ordered, checked the name on the package, saw it wasn't directed to me, walked it over to the resident with an oops that I get so many packages that I'd assumed it was one of mine without looking at the label.
My brain can’t compute the small mindedness of keeping something that isn't yours.
Unfortunately for me, those were the last two sheets the supplier had in stock; but all may not be loss. I’m not in a hurry to finish the layout, signed up to be notified if/when back in stock, will wait it out.
I’m just glad it was a small order this time, not as big a loss as previous orders.
Lastly, I saw the below on facebook this morning and was🤣.
But is it true …… did he really change the color of his hair? or is this A.I.


Was the key returned to the box? Maybe who ever opened and discovered the item was of no use to them or miss-directed put it back in the box and put sthe the key back in the lock.That's happened where i live.
ReplyDeleteOnce the key is used to open the parcel locker, and package is removed, the key stays in place, cannot be removed from the locker by anyone other than the carrier. If by chance the individual is honest, sees package not for them, closes the locker with package inside, the mail carrier would see key in locker, remove key to use again and, if package still in there, would know something's wrong, check name on package AND do their job by putting key in correct mailbox. It's a good system IF the mail carrier doesn't screw up, drop key in wrong mailbox.
DeleteIt’s so disappointing when our fellow human beings are such assholes. As for the hair, he is always dying his hair but would never go dark. Photoshop; lighting, or exposure.
ReplyDeleteHowever the color was achieved, I just love the caption over the photo ... "We said die, not dye", LOL
DeleteBad Karma for the mailbox thief.
ReplyDeleteFor sure, based on the law of Cause and Effect, those two sheets are gonna cost 'em something.
DeleteI will play Devil's Advocate and suggest that maybe the person who got the key by accident found your package, thought it was theirs, opened it, and the was nervous about bringing it to the right person out of fear that they might be in some kind of trouble.
ReplyDeleteOur next door neighbor gets some of our mail every so often and she opens it; I finally, POLITELY, asked her to maybe check the names on the mail before opening.
As for Cankles it appears to be a real photo taken after he spoke at a rally and once again shrieked that he doesn't wear wigs. I'm not sure because that rug looks like something from the Dick Clark Collection™.
That first scenario is a possibility but, not to be a judgmental snob, looking at some of the people management has been leasing to lately, I doubt it.
DeleteShirley, from all of your posts about the people in your complex, this snafu with mail is not surprising. You are expecting a LOT from the tenants you have previously described. It takes energy, forethought, planning, and just a basic sense of decency to do what you suggested the wrongful receiver of said package do. I'm under the impression that some of the tenants have just enough energy to go TO the mailbox.
ReplyDeleteAsking them to realize the package is not for them, taking the time to look to see who it should go to (if that even occurs to them) and then getting said package to its rightful owner is too overwhelming for some of the residents.
"I'm under the impression that some of the tenants have just enough energy to go TO the mailbox" ... you're right about that. But the office is right next to the mailbox. So, if not able to deliver to me, they could at the very least give it to office personnel. They'd call me. I think it's more a mindset of something for nothing. Finders keepers. The only thing that gives me glee at these loses is how disappointed the individual must be to open and find only pretty paper.
DeleteI hope the missing sheets are discovered, or can be reordered soon.
ReplyDeleteToo much time has passed for the sheets to be discovered. Have resigned myself to they're gone. Hopefully the supplier does restock as I didn't see anything else that moved me creatively speaking.
DeletePetty Petty Petty. When they opened it and saw it was not something they ordered, all they had to do was look at the packaging for your name and address. Theft for 2 sheets of paper. Just petty. Who does something like that? I just searched online for the paper and I can't find it right now. I was hoping to surprise you.
ReplyDeleteThe rain is lovely. I turned the sound up just to listen to real water from the heavens.
"I just searched online for the paper and I can't find it right now. I was hoping to surprise you" ... that was unbelievably sweet of you. I'd have been more than surprised; I'd have been overwhelmed at such a kindness.
DeleteLove the colour of those chairs
ReplyDeleteThanks, John. Insofar as porchscapes (a word I recently learned), they do make a statement.
DeleteWe had about 15 drops of rain on Sunday. lol
ReplyDeleteLOL. It's a start.
DeleteAt least your Venus fly catcher is getting some water. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDelete🤣🤣🤣
DeleteWell, if your missing paper shows up at one of Crafty Lady's future events, you'll have some suspects, LOL! Have you tried Michaels? They usually have a good variety of scrapbooking paper -- they might even have it in the seasonal clearance section.
ReplyDeleteMichaels and other craft stores, don't carry the hi-quality specialty papers I like to use. There used to be Scrapbooking Stores all over town that were a good source but, for some unknown reason, they died, are now a thing of the past. It's all online now and I, like Miss Merry, researched to see if available anywhere else. Nothing showed up but I'll keep checking back just in case supplier doesn't restock.
DeleteOMG. I have not seen that picture. I've got to laught so loud if he did.
ReplyDeleteI'm still seeing conflicting data online. Some say he dyed his hair but then I see pics where he's still a blonde. So, who knows.
Delete