Today's crafts session was cancelled due to Crafty Lady having heart palpitations.
She's been having heart problems for a while and, back in April had an operation … something about putting a watchman in her chest.
Her heart problems have not gone away but, so long as she takes it easy, its somewhat manageable. Only she’s not been taking it easy lately.
I saw, a few days ago on her facebook page, that she was working on cleaning crafting supplies from storage she has in Murietta and, just yesterday, also as seen on facebook, she was working on putting together a dresser, rearranged a room for more space, hung an extra curtain panel, so no surprise that today she’s having heart palpitations and her body hurts.
She’s got to be more mindful of her condition … what she can and should not be doing because she can’t die before I do as she’s one of the three points of contact set up to contact granddaughter and Twin 2 when I die.
I wasn’t intending her to be a point of contact, but you might recall when some of the organizers had finished their craft projects, were off planning what to do for the seniors come Thanksgiving, Crafty Lady found out they were doing something with her not in it, got upset, said "I guess I’m not invited to that!".
No matter what she's doing, others are not allowed to leave her out of what they are doing.
There was also the time when Talker and another resident were having a conversation on the opposite side of the Community Room, while Crafty Lady was busy doing something else. However, because she (Crafty Lady) wasn’t included in their conversation, she accused them of talking about her.
All to say she invited herself to be a point of contact for my family.
How that came about was I awoke July 31 from a dream where I was attending one of our events, stopped by a round table … We don't have round tables in the community room. Some tables are square, others are rectangular, so I don't know what that meant inside the dream, but there I was stopping at a round table where was seated Meat Man and a woman I did not recognize.
After chatting with them for a bit, I bid them goodbye, saying "I'll see you at this event next year". Then I heard myself correct myself saying, "Oh, wait. I won’t be here this time next year".
A clear indication to me that I’ll be dead before July 2027.
I took the dream in stride, began making preparations, starting with updating my family contacts sheet with the office and cancelling my eye appointment for new glasses, because it wasn't worth the expenditure. I do need new glasses, but it's not worth it if I only have a year or less to go.
I later that day was in the Community Room filling out the form for the office, telling Talker and the Baker of the dream, that I was giving them a copy of the form/adding them as neighbors allowed to enter my unit, giving a key to the Baker, asking that if I suddenly go missing, not seen for a time, please check to see if I’m still breathing, contact family if not and Crafty Lady blurted out, "Add me to that".
I couldn’t very well say no and really, since she long ago got over that thing she had for me, which made me uncomfortable, I find her to be okay and the one with the most family, friends, resources to be helpful to granddaughter and Twin 2.
So, now that she’s factored into the equation, she can’t go before I do.
I also, at that time, sent Twin 2 and granddaughter a copy of the form with instructions to trust Talker, the Baker, Crafty Lady, but avoid our MAGA neighbor at all costs, LOL.
Now that Meat Man himself has surprised me by moving out of the complex, I’m not sure if that throws a monkey wrench into what the dream told me. It said I would not be here that time next year, not that he would not be here that time next year.
Now that he won’t be here that time next year, I’ll just have to wait and see if the dream still holds true for myself.
So, anyway, with crafts cancelled today, no tutu for Skelly, I pivoted to thinking about that grass skirt I made and wore at the Resident’s End of Summer Event.
Skelly and I aren’t the same size, but I figured I could make it work; began looking through my crafts stash for shells I knew I could probably turn into a Hawaiian lei.
Lo and behold, I found blue tulle fabric I didn't know I had or why I had it.
I worked a little magic with it and Skelly is just about ready for tomorrow's debut on the patio.


Skelly could be a dead drag queen!
ReplyDeleteDon't read into that dream. I always had very strong dream and feelings I'd be dead by time I was 50. That was always the cut off in the dreams. Here I'll be 55 in a few weeks...soon to be 5 years on borrowed time, lol. Truth be told, I'll be the sucker to live to be 100.
"Dead drag queen" ... now that's a thought. Maybe she'll look like that once I install her on the patio surrounded by spiderwebs.
DeleteSkelly looks FABULOUS! The skirt, the cuffs and collar and even the headpiece! So festive.
ReplyDeleteCrafty Lady needs to take her health seriously. I'm not sure that your dream was completely literal but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. It is something I started taking seriously after a health event last year.
It felt pretty literal to me. Time will tell. Skelly is a little too cute. I've got to make her more frightening.
Delete