Monday, May 4, 2026

GG’s House

It seems the rain sticks worked after all because, after perfect weather all week, the great grands coming down on Sunday to take advantage of that perfect weather — swim in the pool, I woke up that morning to rain.

Funny thing is, I immediately googled weather to find out if rain had been predicted, and found no mention, even though I was watching it happen.


Omen, thought I. For some reason, I was not to get into the pool.

Texting granddaughter, expected to arrive 10 AM, that it was raining, the great grands swimming no longer possible, she wasn’t bothered. Said rain wouldn’t stop the toddlers, that "They love water".

It didn’t bother them not one bit and, fortunately, by the time granddaughter, the great granddaughter I never knew I had, and the toddlers arrived, the toddlers having done what I expected them to do with rearranging things in the unit, rain had slowed to drizzles, outside began drying up.

As for rearranging items, it took no time at all for curious little humans to get to those feng shui numbers, a teacup that had been on that shelf to end up on the front room’s table, along with rocks from my collection and a stuffed pony I kept in the back of the bedroom closet.

Rocks turned up in the bedroom, on and around the footpad of the cross trainer, along with other items previously positioned on a shelf, plus a pokémon ball I’d forgotten I had. They even dug up a boulder from underneath the shelf.





All in all, nowhere near what could have been done by a 3- and 4-year-old before we headed for the pool in drizzling weather, which was slowly replaced by the sun coming up and a return to that perfect weather.




The Great Grands


A few days to recover from chasing the toddlers around the pool, grabbing landscaping rocks from their hands they meant to toss into the pool, get me evicted, and I'll be fine.

30 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo of you and the great-grands! I had a good laugh at how thoroughly they went through your apartment discovering everything! Even the stuffed pony from the back of the closet, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were thorough, and I'm still finding rocks from the collection in odd places.

      Delete
  2. They are adorable! Exhausting but adorable never the less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exhausting they were. I don't know how granddaughter so patiently and lovingly manages the two.

      Delete
  3. Now you know how to call if you ever lose your glasses. The youngest looks like you through the eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I thought of that about the glasses. The youngest looks exactly like my sister, who passed away in the same hospital where the youngest was born. She even has my sister's personality.

      Delete
  4. They sound like perfectly normal toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I don't have a pet. They would have traumatized it.

      Delete
  5. I think those kids should be rented out as crime scene investigators; they've got mad skills at finding things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex, their great granddad, was a cop/detective grade, so must be in the blood.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Bob and I think you could be Right Shirley, it's in the Blood! Nothing escaped their little Eyes and Hands. You could Rent them out to find Lost Objects too... I could use that sometime. *Ha ha ha*

      Delete
  6. lmao Little kids are so full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little succubus's, drained me of what energy I had, but soooo cute.

      Delete
  7. They are some pretty GREAT grands! What cuties pies. And what a great photo of all of you! Glad the rain stopped so they can swim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too glad they were able to get outside, burn some energy off at the pool. Otherwise, inside would have ended up a complete wreck.

      Delete
  8. I'm exhausted just looking at your bouncing blog! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. They're used to a house and a back yard to run around in.

      Delete
  9. The photo of you and grand and great-grands is priceless. And the joyful giggles make my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The struggle was real in getting them to calm down long enough to capture that photo, but the photo itself IS pretty priceless.

      Delete
  10. LMAOROTF Shirley, they were busy weren't they? Ha ha ha. The Pool was great for burning their abundant Energy. I wonder if we could Bottle that and become Made Women and take doses Daily? *Winks* They are Adorable and I'm glad you got some Quality Time with the Great-Grandbabies. I Wish we could see some of ours in Person but they're either in Pennsylvania or Mexico... so, not a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should send them to Arizona. They'd be sure to find the Son's missing paperwork that Daughter reorganized, LOL.

      Delete
    2. I have many Lost Objects your little Detective might find for us, you could Hire them out and make some side Money.

      Delete
  11. oh, Shirley, I am so happy for you...to spend time with these precious children. You are indeed blessed among women. I know it's been a hard time for you, unimaginable, and then this gift! Your "kids" are darling and I hope they come visit again. Yes, I know it's A LOT of work to have small people in your home, but it will be a memory of YOU they will carry on into the future. You have literally touched the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are invited back when they learn landscape rocks are not to be thrown in the pool and jacuzzi 😉

      Delete
  12. What a great visit - grandkids certainly keep you in your feet. Love the family photo. Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG did they ever keep me on my toes. I'm still exhausted.

      Delete
  13. Your great grandbabies are adorable! I used to love to look for "hidden treasures" after my grandsons left after spending the day with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hidden treasures", LOL. That's one way to look at it. In addition to still finding hidden treasures in odd places, I've found a piece of something in the bedroom that I can't identify, and a piece of something else in the kitchen that I also can't identify. I'll just hold onto the pieces until what they belong to becomes clear.

      Delete