Talker called yesterday, asking if I could make a copy of a legal document for her.
No problem, said I. So, she trotted on over, ended up spending two hours catching me up on the tea and complaining about our neighbor, known on the blog as MAGA.
A few days prior to her visit, I was surprised to see a facebook post where five or six of the ladies had ventured out of the complex, had a group lunch at Blaze Pizza.
It’s not unusual for a group to head out for an adventure, but what was usual about this group was MAGA was included.
Talker and MAGA in the same group outing??? That won’t end well, thought I.
Sure enough, after I made a copy of the document for Talker, she began venting about MAGA.
It seems that MAGA has been bending over backwards to connect with Talker, make amends for the dustup they had, which Talker now tells me went beyond shouting at each other, nearly ended in the laying of hands, a physical assault when MAGA got all up in Talker's face.
WOW! That would have probably gotten both evicted.
So, anyway, now MAGA has pulled a 180, approaches Talker like they’re besties, seems to always be around whenever Talker steps out of her unit, yells her name, rushes up to get Talker’s attention; and that it "happens often, like her radar is on overdrive".
Talker said MAGA is "kinda weird" (but didn't she already know that before she went to lunch with her) and now Talker has gotten to the point where she tries to go out at different times to avoid MAGA but "That don’t matter! There she is".
I teased Talker with, "That’s what you get for going to lunch with her. You've opened a door, are now trapped", and suggested I lend her one of my self-defense tools …… a tool I can’t name here on the blog or I’ll get a violation, but the tool that sprays.
I remember that when I was working at the agency I retired from — the agency where the KKK agency head, KKK directors, KKK secretaries tried to run me off, that coworkers who refused to go along with that KKK philosophy and I would go to lunch, sometimes movies/dinner.
One time when we were heading out to lunch, Venus — not exactly KKK, but giving me a hard time because the KKK agency head had so ordered it/she went along with the program, asked to join us and the girls said sure.
I made an excuse to disengage, cause this homey don't play that. I don't socialize with people I don't like and who don't like or are cruel to me. Going so far as to year after year take vacation during Secretary's Week, to avoid having to go to lunch with the three witches when I worked at the Law Firm.
So, though I was making light of Talker's conundrum by saying it's what she gets for going to lunch with MAGA, she really did bring this current situation upon herself.
After thinking about Talker’s conundrum for a bit, I suggested perhaps it was MAGA employing that old adage … "Keep your friends close, enemies closer" or MAGA trying to literally "Kill her with Kindness".
It wasn’t but seconds after Talker left my unit that I get a text from her, "When I came down your stairs, guess who practically ran to greet me?"
Damn! MAGA must really be using radar or deliberately lurking the area in hopes of running into Talker.
Whatever MAGA’s motives, Talker has had enough. Her plan is to find a "nice way" to tell MAGA she’s doing too much, making her feel uncomfortable and, if that doesn’t work, "I’ll have to take it to the next level".
Hmmmm? I don’t know if the next level is a harassment complaint to management or another yelling/screaming match.
Other than that, the latest tea is Next-Door Neighbor is moving this weekend. She’s hated living here for the entire 10 years, has been trying for 5 of the 10 to get a unit in Loma Linda.
I don’t know if she’d been on a waiting list all this time, but she’s finally gotten her wish.
She’ll have a downstairs apartment, which is what she wanted, and the Loma Linda complex has walking trails, a gym and, unlike here, actual activities. It's also a classier neighborhood, which is important to my bougie Next-Door Neighbor.
I’m happy for her, but now have to hope my new neighbor isn’t a single guy — which will create problems for me, or a married couple — also a problem because I then have to worry about the wife thinking I’m trying to seduce her man. Hopefully, I’ll get another single lady — neat, clean, independent/doesn't bother me, a non-hoarder.
Sound as though you did not miss all the bullshit!!!! LMAO!
ReplyDeleteAgain....so nice to see you back again, you been in my thoughts.
Like I titled that last post ... the more things change, the more other things remain the same old same old; a lot of new people around, but the same old bullsh!t.
DeleteWell, I'm glad Next-Door Neighbour is going to the place she wanted to. Here's hoping you get a good new neighbour to replace her with.
ReplyDeleteI hope it works out for her. Her expectations are high to have a better more opulent experience than here, but the thing is that no matter where YOU go, there YOU are.
DeleteWe have MAGA people here too. One of them shocked the heck out of me yesterday when we looking through our mail on and he said, "I'm through giving money to the Republican party even though I've been a Republican for decades. We need a leader not a king." This is a guy who last year was in Trumps pocket. My point is that your MAGA could have had a change of heart and knows it? Thus the 180 toward The Talker?
ReplyDeleteThat may well be. With all that's happening, I can imagine those that supported, argued for, voted for him are feeling pretty well embarrassed, humbled, regretful and might want to jump ship, mend fences, get on the right side of history before it's too late.
DeleteDear Lady, you are unwittingly biased: New neighbor must be single female, nice and neat. Your "Misadventures" follower reports:That's the first I've heard of a Repub changing their mind! Never fear! Today's news had several results of Repubs losing their seats to Democrats. It's happened 10 times across the country, just like that. No Repubs have turned over any Democrat seats. One turnover happened in tRump's MarALago district. A Florida Democrat Representative has the Orange Idiot as her consituent! A ray of hope! Take care of YOU! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteNot biased at all. More like having lived and learned the hard way. The safest and most problem free option is a single lady.
DeleteWell, I guess you didn’t miss much of worth. Although these stories are always entertaining. Wishing you a good new neighbor.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed on a good new neighbor.
DeleteOnce at work I was listening to a news story about another person of color--I think it was Philando Castile--and said to a co-worker, "Isn't it odd that it seems to be Black people killed by police officers at traffic stops?"
ReplyDeleteAnother co-worker, whose name was really Karen, said, "That's because white people don't act like that."
I looked at her and said, "Do not ever speak to me again. And if you do, it'd better be only work-related and you have exhausted every other resource to get your answer before you come to me."
She tried twice more to speak to me and then learned it best to keep her yap shut.
I hope Talker gets rid of MAGAt.
Two snaps and a jump shot for putting that Karen in her place. I bet that after losing her privilege to speak to you, she never spoke those ridiculous words out loud ever again. She may have thunk it, but didn't dare make the mistake of saying out loud again, LOL. Insofar as "act like that", all Castile, a passenger, did was to inform the nervous cop that he had a licensed firearm, whereupon the cop immediately unloaded on him. That cop should be rotting in prison as we speak, but was only charged and acquitted of manslaughter. No justice there.
DeleteThe more things change the more some things stay the same. Yep. It's often like changing jobs.....you just change parking lots. Same old same old. Yes, I think a number of MAGtS are jumping ship....cause that ship be sinking. Is Hell on Wheels still in a nursing facility? I hope your new neighbor will be a keeper and not tread where they shouldn't. Peace on Earth Goodwill towards Shirley.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. You were missed. A lot.
Paranormal John
It's nice to have been missed, John. Word is that Hell on Wheels will be returning soon BUT completely bedridden with around the clock care. Pray for her caregiver.
DeleteStalking someone else is creepy, and should be addressed by the authorities. I would alert the complex staff. If that doesn't work, the authorities.
ReplyDeleteIt's soooo weird. But for the fact I've heard the rumors (confirmed) that MAGA meets guys on the internet, brings them home even (which is dangerous), I'd think her stalking is because she's interested in Talker that way. If you know what I mean.
DeleteSending good neighbor vibes your way.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll take those good neighbor vibes.
DeleteI didn't go look it up, like I could, but wanted to stop and say HI to you, so thought I would ask you while at it...isn't Loma Linda the 7th Day Adventist town?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, glad you were able to engage with your neighbor and catch up on some of the "doings" in your complex. The MAGA resident sounds much like a woman who joined our church a couple of years ago. I have to stay clear of her because she often starts up the most bizarre conversations. A couple of times I have actually had to say, "I don't agree with you," and walk away.
I recently actually had a warning dream about MAGA. Those I'm close to have warned everyone not to bring up the subject of my daughter ... don't console me, don't mention it because bringing it up brings back the grief and I'll fall apart. The dream told me, MAGA will be the one to break that request, bring it up as soon as she gets anywhere close to me in false sympathy. So, my plan is to hurry off in another direction if and when I see her out and about. Loma Linda is known as a Blue Zone, lots of 7th Day Adventists, which is why it's probably a nicer area, even if you're not Adventist.
DeleteMAGA has certainly upped the creep factor. Is it possible for her to be tracking Talker via an app? I also hope you get a new neighbour more to your liking!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't put it past her, LOL. A new neighbor, after all these years, is going to be interesting.
DeleteQuite the Peyton Place you got going on there my Friend... Talker needs to exercise Caution with MAGA, it does sound Stalkerish and who knows what her Motives are after that dustup they had? I don't encourage closeness with folks I don't like either Shirley, I'm all Friended Up so don't need to make Nice with someone that I'd rather not be around at all.
ReplyDeleteOne would think that, at the age we are now, Talker would have known better than to fall for whatever it is MAGA has in mind with trying to get close. Going to be interesting watching how this plays out.
Delete