I woke up this morning to rolling thunder followed by rain. A welcome relief from the unrelenting heat, generally already pushing 90 degrees in my unit by the time I wake up.
I had plans to do marketing today, but decided to make do with what’s in the house.
I did, during the week, make that run to the bank, transferred money from my regular account, deposited it into the Rent account. That done, I won’t have to think about that account for two/three months.
Even though having to physically walk into a bank is a pain, I do enjoy the bank’s riddle board.
I don’t know where they come up with the dorky riddles, but there’s a board with riddles like, "Why did the football coach go to the bank?".
The riddle on the board when I walked in on Wednesday was, "Why did the fish blush?".
I didn’t get either of those. In fact, since the board went up two years ago, I’ve only solved the puzzle once. I don’t recall what the puzzle was that day, but I guessed correctly the answer was "because the turkey had drumsticks".
So, anyway, that errand off my bucket list, the only thing remaining is to schedule an appointment at the medical center for Lab work the doctor ordered.
Twin 1 is still freaked out over the medical scare I had that sent me to the E.R. at midnight a few weeks ago. Now needing constant reassurance via text messages or telephone calls that I’ve not yet kicked the bucket, Twin 1 called Tuesday to say that in order to alleviate her worry, she’s gifting me with Life Alert, the "I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up" thing.
"Jesus! I’m not that kind of old", protested I.
However, inasmuch as she said it would make her feel less worried, I’ve agreed to accept the gift, walk around with a necklace that announces to the world I’ve crossed the threshold, am now considered an old lady.
The things we do for our kids.
Debra, over at She Who Seeks, today posted memes of our Governor mocking Donald Two Dolls.
I’m piling it on with two of my favorites thus far.
Oh, and in case you were wondering ...... Why did the football coach go to the bank?
To get his quarter back.
Why did the fish blush?
Because they saw the ocean’s bottom.


Those jokes are funny.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter who lives with me got an Alexa for inside the house and when she can't get a hold of me on my phone (Because I don't keep it with me all the time) she will call my name on the Alexa and talk to me through that when she's at work to make sure I'm ok. lol
LOL, like I said ... the things we do for our kids, but at least our kids care enough about us to worry and set up things like Alexia and Life Alert. Not all parents have that level of concern from their kids.
DeleteThank the goddess you gave the answers at the end! I love Gavin Newsom. I hope it’s all driving Trump to the brink. I was going to say driving him crazy, but he already is.
ReplyDeleteLOL, I wasn't about to leave you all hanging wondering about the answers. I am totally enjoying all the mocking Gavin is aiming at donald two dolls, meeting him at his own level. Two dolls is not accustomed to seeing that, so I'm sure he's livid.
DeleteI am glad that you are able to accept the gift with the loving intention with which it was given. After that, it seems that you have a few alternatives here:
ReplyDelete1 Design some jewelry or fiber art to hide/disguise the Life Alert device (I would be intrigued to see what you come up with)
2 When asked, you can respond that it is a pacifier for your dutiful and loving daughters' that you are carrying around "just in case"
A story: a few years ago I was having lunch with a friend when his partner jumped up, excused himself and raced out the door. I learned afterwards that he received a notification from his mother's Life Alert. He raced to her house only to see the Fire Department/EMT response team in front of the house. Expecting the worst, he made his way through and found his mother standing in a ring of hunky firemen embarassed and confused since his mother only spoke one of the Chinese dialects. It turns out that she had decided to work in the garden and when she tucked the Life Alert device in her waistband to get it out of the way, she accidentally had pushed the button. The good news is that everyone now knew that the notification system worked as promised. We also told him to tell his mother that she should not be embarassed - she has inadvertently tested the system and everything worked as promised. He also passed along that we were all pleased that she was OK.
Will Jay
1 and 2 are both good ideas, but maybe I'll shut everyone down by saying it's a monitor/tracking device the police are making me wear per terms of my release from jail until my court date 😉
DeleteI cannot begin to imagine the gossip and speculation that will follow once that starts getting repeated during bingo. It is a perfect set up for nosy busybodies. They may just explode.
DeleteWill Jay
Almost would be worth it to start that rumor, LOL.
Delete"This is my real hair," hahahahahahaha! The bank's jokes, however, are REAL GROANERS.
ReplyDeleteThe bank jokes are always so dorky and, when I can't figure out and ask the teller, always seem so obvious, like "I should have got that".
Delete"Why did they let the Turkey join the Thanksgiving band?" "Because the turkey had drumsticks."
ReplyDeleteI really hope Newman is getting under 45/47s skin. The t-shirt about having his own hair is great!!!
🤣That's hilarious that you knew the quiz question from my answer. I'm sure that just the fact that Gavin is fit, young, handsome, intelligent is enough to rile up Das Führer. Maybe now he'll stop being so jealous of Obama.
DeleteI love your Governor's mocking of Donnie Two Dolls, it's hilarious.
ReplyDeleteGavin is on a roll. No more of that "when they go low we go high", now it's I'll match your energy and go even lower. Dark Gavin, LOL.
DeleteDark Gavin, I can relate to that... winks.
DeleteLOL, I knew you would.
DeleteHahaha. I love those riddles. I'm going to have to share them. Also loving all the Newsome Memes. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteThose riddles almost make me want to go to the bank more often.
DeleteBtw. The Prom Queen fell outside today and scraped her arm and wrist to the bone. Luckily, I was outside at the time and I was able to help. It may not be such a bad idea. Of course, with all your gym work, you are steadier than most of us.
ReplyDelete"to the bone" ... YIKES!! Alert probably is a good idea, since anything can happen.
DeleteYou've got a good kid there who just wants to make sure you're okay.
ReplyDeleteI like Gavin's real hair.
If I'd seen those jokes at my bank I would have closed the accounts!!
All this wanting to keep me okay now is weird considering, when she was growing up, she did everything she could to drive me into an early grave.
DeleteYep, nice that your Twin wants to keep an eye on you.
ReplyDeletePlease do not consider putting the device on your wrist. The necklace in the center is best. Per chance you have a stroke, you don't know ahead of time which side your body will be affected. Sooo, if your right side is not moving, you can't move your right arm to the device if you placed it on your left wrist, eh?
I think the feature to notify/activate a warning of falling is a tad extra.
Per my mom, it also notifies that she fell when she took it off and banged it on the bathroom counter hard. Then she learned it works in the shower.
She didn't like the feel of it when sleeping, "I feel like it's going to choke me." She didn't. It didn't. It was hanging on the bedpost when she fell with a stroke going to the bathroom. Stayed in the floor for 3 days, didn't survive after she was found cuz, she wasn't responding to phone calls. Thank Twin; please wear it. It works when you wear it. Right now, I just have to call my son when I get home if I was out at night from their house.
Tell your Republican friends it's a device to alert Trump's team if you catch them being disloyal. Linda in Kansas
That's terrible about your mom. So sorry.
DeleteThanks. Stubborness determined the outcome for many of my hospice patients too. See in your next entry that LifeAlert doesn't offer wrist band anymore. Better way for keeping their customers alive! Linda in Kansas
Delete