Nothing to see here .... partly due to the heat keeping everyone inside, A/C running 24/7.
Another reason for the deserted walkways is that those I usually spot are on lockdown, testing for Covid.
After twice testing, the Baker and her husband are negative, Talker is negative, but I’ve heard nothing back on Lu and Upstairs Lady — the two most vulnerable as they are the closest to Dream Lover, and others who came in contact with him last Tuesday.
I’d like to say I’m surprised Management hasn’t put out a bulletin, alerting residents to the situation, but I’m not surprised at all.
I’m assuming that, with no alert notices, tomorrow’s Pizza Tuesday is still on, which means Activity Director Kesha is probably going to find herself pretty much alone in the room, not knowing why.
I don’t want her to take it personally, think she’s failing already, so I’ll mask up, head down just long enough to clue her in on what’s happening.
Management has planned an End of Summer Fiesta for this coming Friday — "Event will be held in the club house. All residents are invited come have some tacos".
This is the kind of event that will bring everyone and their uncle down to the Community Room. It’s going to be over crowded, a possible Super Spreader.
I think I'm okay to mask up, run in but keep my distance from the crowd by standing halfway in/halfway out at the door, take a few pics, run out.
Twin 2 is still in the thick of it with her 4th go-round with Covid, and scared me nearly to death when she didn't respond to my text this morning asking if she was better yet.
When I followed up with a telephone call and she didn't answer, I began thinking of requesting a welfare check.
It was then I realized I didn't have a key to her apartment ... how were the welfare check people going to get in?
Both girls have keys to my place — for obvious reasons, but it never occurred to us that I might be the one to need keys to their place.
Fortunately, Twin 2 finally did respond, said her fever has not yet broken, but not feeling as bad as the first two days.
Once she gets through this, I want a key to her apartment and Twin 1's place.

That goddamn covid. All too often, people don't realize they should still take precautions.
ReplyDeleteI'm one of those people, though I did still take some little precautions ... always used wipes on things touched by many, carried a mask just in case where I was going looked like I'd need one, but now I'm back to masking up everywhere.
DeleteIt's wild this is still a thang! And neither Carlos nor I have had COVID--as far as we know--ever! A couple of times we felt sick but took tests that came up negative.
ReplyDeleteStay safe.
It was just a few weeks ago when, at the market, a woman got close, reached over in front of me, said something like "You don't mind if I grab this" to which I replied, "Not at all. It's not like we're still in the pandemic, six feet back". So, I'm just as surprised as you to learn I was wrong, that it's still a thing.
DeleteI hope the Twin got a Rx for Paxlovid. Usually makes for a milder case and prevents/minimizes having long covid. It is real. My 82 year old brother has long covid and is too weak to go most places or travel. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteI hope she got an Rx for Paxlovid. I'll ask her.
DeleteI guess Covid is going to be a forever disease. Thats is until the Kennedy in charge declares there is no such thing and we just have what - a bad cold?
ReplyDeleteSeems the direction he's heading.
DeleteStay safe.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I'm trying.
DeleteAnd make sure they each have a key to yours. 😕
ReplyDeleteThey (Twin 1, Twin 2, Granddaughter) all do, and they know where my important papers are and my last wishes.
DeleteBe well. I know you’re being careful. Glad “the kids” are alright.
ReplyDeleteStaying well is getting to be exhausting. So many things to be careful of these days.
DeleteHaving Keys to each other's Homes is just a good Idea if everyone is living alone. Hope you stay Well my Friend, I know you're careful.
ReplyDeleteSo far so good, I think. Had a scare earlier this morning, so hope I'm still so far so good.
DeleteI just read in one of the papers that the vaccines we usually get in the fall for Covid are not going to be available until the CDC gives guidance. And we all know that is not going to happen......do they want us all to just die? I will happily pay for my vaccine. But it won't even be available for that.....this regime is just horrible and scary. Roberta
ReplyDeleteIf the powers that be go that route, we may have to black-market our booster shots.
Delete