I was on the laptop yesterday, around 1:30 in the afternoon, watching a reborn to revenge kDrama entitled "My stepsister killed me, so I stole her billionaire boyfriend".
Don’t judge by the silly name, those kDramas are addictively good.
I was just at an on the edge of my seat part where both the reborn heroine and the billionaire boyfriend were in serious jeopardy when the movie shut down because the internet went out.
BLACKOUT!!!
Fortunately, it wasn’t a complete power outage — power in the unit was still on, but the internet and television were mysteriously unavailable remainder of the day.
Waking up this morning, I saw service to both had been restored, but I’ve not yet had time to get back to the movie.
The blackout turned out to have been "area wide", with no explanation as to what had occurred.
The outage made for a quiet day, as I worked on making a mini drawstring bag for the Alert device.
Took four 30-minute tries before I successfully created a workable pouch to match my kente cloth buff headband.
Now knowing what I’m doing, it only took 20 minutes this morning to knock out a pouch that matches a pair of leggings.
When I remember where I stored the camo and denim fabric, I’ll make pouches to match corresponding outfits. I’ll probably also make a black pouch for when I need a neutral look to match what I’m wearing.
Now, I just have to find a gold chain long enough and strong enough to support the device, so I can get rid of that unglamorous rope.
All in all, even enclosed, the device seems a little too noticeable, since I'm not wearing a boho skirt which would make the colorful bag make sense. Consequently, there will be times — especially if I notice a good-looking man checking me out, when I’ll tuck the covered device, so all he sees is the gold chain I’ll eventually be adding to replace the cord.
Time got away from me on Pizza Tuesday, so I never made it down to the Community Room to babysit the seniors for Kesha, but I’m sure that by now she’s got the hang of things and has the seniors falling in line.
After two sessions of bingo were shut down due to that covid scare, bingo is back on tomorrow. Lu tells me it’s a combination of bingo and a birthday party for the Baker.
I don’t have the energy to deal with the seniors tomorrow, so I’ll pass on attending.
BTW, some weird stuff is going on with blogger .... Settings is set to "not allow search engines", buy somehow "Google search entities found" keeps popping up when I blog AND, even though I hit "Dismiss", Google is still crawling, indexing, and screwing with my readership — causing it to rise from a few hundred to thousands. I’m not comfortable with that. Are you also all of a sudden getting the "Google search entities foumd" message?


Dang. I haven't had any problems with Blogger yet but sounds like it is only a matter of time. Your bags are cute. Good solution.
ReplyDeleteThis google thing is so annoying. I'm tempted to shut down the blog or go private.
DeleteThose are cute pouches, I must say.
ReplyDeleteThanks! The ones for purchase were too elaborately embellished for me.
DeleteStylin'
ReplyDeleteWill Jay
👍
DeleteI love the pouches, what a fantastic idea! I am filing this in my mind for the future!
ReplyDeleteHopefully you won't need a device to hide.
DeleteThose pouches are adorable. Maybe it’s time for a lot of boho skirts. Can’t wait to hear what happens with the dead sister and her boyfriend.
ReplyDeleteLOL. The two were in peril in two different locations. The boyfriend's bodyguards showed up, got him un-periled, then he headed off to save her. Her husband in her last life, who had a part in getting her unalived in the first place but now realizing she was instrumental in his success in that life and wanting to get her back so he can be successful in this life, he rescued her first. Then billionaire boyfriend showed up, socked him to make him let go of her, as he had become desperate after saving her, because she wanted no parts of him. It all ended with the ex in the hospital, her scheming sister in a mental institution, other involved parties disgraced or in jail, the two happily married. I love these kDramas where Karma goes right in the end, LOL.
DeleteThe bags are an ingenious solution, especially if you can find the right gold chain.
ReplyDeleteI can't take all the credit as it was Dawn's Napili bags suggestion that gave me the idea.
DeleteI haven't gotten that message from Google so I will be crossing fingers and knocking on wood.
ReplyDeletei love the little bags you made; clever and pretty solution.
Have you checked your stats? Seems I'm not the only one who suddenly have gone up from a few hundred to a couple thousand. Something to do with "bots".
DeleteNo on the Google entities message but Facebook has been acting crazy for me lately.
ReplyDeleteCheck your stats to see if there's been a sudden increase in visitors. I'm probably seeing that message because I blog in code (html), but for those who are not seeing the codes, the message might be operating behind the scene.
DeleteI like the bag.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I'm liking the device a lot better with a cover.
DeleteCute pendant covers. Gold chain is a good idea. Could even make one the color of your skin for a neutral appearance. Glad you have it. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteThanks. Gold will match my other necklaces.
Delete