Wednesday, September 16, 2020

As Good as It’s Gonna Get

Anxious to get Halloween started, thought I’d wait until the weekend to put up the doormat, door wreath, and start this morning with switching to a Halloween blog header.

It usually takes me all of a second or two to upload a new header, but this new interface wasn’t making it easy. “Shrink to fit” wasn’t giving me the size I needed, so I had to play around with manually resizing until I got a horizontal fit.

The interface wouldn’t even correctly size the header I’d just removed, when I got tired of trying to make a new one fit and tried to revert back to the old one.

So, I had to keep at it until things up top looked halfway decent ... over two hours down the drain.

That having taken up time I didn’t have to waste, I gave up trying to get the vertical sized down. So, what you see taking up so much space is as good as it’s gonna get.

I’m still up in the air as to whether I’ll switch to Wordpress or give in and work with this, but I’m leaning towards sticking it out because 1) with nothing going on, it doesn’t appear I’ll be doing that much posting and 2) learning Wordpress is likely just as big a headache as learning this.

I prefer legacy, keep reverting to Legacy, but it’s something that has to be done every time I log on and eventually will no longer be an option.

Oh well. Such is life.

Other than being annoyed with this blog situation, nothing earth shattering wrong going on my side of the world ... knock on wood and praise the Lord for that.

I’m still a little down ─ what in the old days we referred to as a “Blue Funk”, eating more sugar than I should as a result of being down over the political situation, the fires, the continuing abuse of Black people by cops and Karens, not to mention all this in a pandemic but, with Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas coming to take my attention away from world conditions, the funk will pass.

Speaking of Halloween, I’d commented to a post on Dawn’s site that I’d once attended a costume party as a tossed salad.

And so I did.

A bowl with veggies and lettuce headdress


I’ve also been a Roller Derby Girl, complete with rollerblades, and a Nun.



Now that I’ve show you mine, what would be fun is to see some of yours on your blogs.

19 comments:

  1. You'll be waiting a long time to see me in a costume. That was never my thing. My daughter and son-in-law go nuts with costumes. On halloween, if you looked at me, you would be hard pressed to know it's halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new Blogger interface improved between the time they first asked people to try it out and when they insisted I start using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm coming in late to the party. The way it is NOW is annoying enough. Can't imagine having to deal with the initial bugs and whatnots.

      Delete
  3. Ah, now I know why the pix of Princess T with the illusion of Lettuce Arms made you Smile... Love the Creative Tossed Salad Costume! I once went as a Half Man {Don}, Half Woman {Dawn} at a Halloween Contest at Work. It wasn't my Creative Genius, I got the Idea from an old Red Skelton Show where he Danced with himself, one side of him being the Man, the other side the Woman and I remember thinking it to be Brilliant! I don't think I had a pix taken, but I remember placing in the Contest. I always Loved Masquerade Parties and I Love your Header/Banner, even tho' it did take a lot of time, it's Visually worth the effort it took. New Blogger is frustrating since they keep changing things and shouldn't have rolled it out 'til they had tweaked it and decided how it was to be! The Photo function keeps changing and just when I master it, they change it again to be less User Friendly! It was wonderful when it first rolled out and was the best part of the enhancement from Legacy... now I don't like it, but I have figured it out sufficiently not to be as frustrated Today... I just Hope they don't change it again without Notice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing that half/half years ago on some sort of talent show. It was fascinating. Must have been a lot of work to put together as a Halloween costume. The Mr. Spock side of me doesn't see the logic behind this new interface that's driving us crazy. Maybe the brains behind this technology never heard the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://doyouremember.com/106661/elvira-cassandra-peterson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I remember Elvira. I remember watching her host horror shows back in the day. She now shows up yearly as a guest judge on Food Network Halloween Competitions. Has not aged. Still looks great. Probably because she's a real vampire. :-)

      Delete
  6. I don't dress up in costume. but you look like whoopi's stand-in for "sister act". SSDD for the east coast too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO. I'd not thought of that, but you're right. LOL. However, I think Whoopi stole the idea from me because this was years before Sister Act.

      Delete
  7. I love your tossed salad costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Out of all I've dressed as, that was my favorite.

      Delete
  8. I think you have a great sense of fun! It strikes me that you also get a kick out of dressing up to do the various 5Ks! We have seen some super outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the fun of dressing in costumes. Looking back at my old Halloween costumes, looks like I was into it long before cosplay came into being. P.S. that photo didn't make it. Shame cause I bet you were cute.

      Delete
  9. Love your new blog header, you dominatrix you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! But not really. Just closest I could find to cowgirl boots.

      Delete
  10. Do you, or did you ever actually wear those boots?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a hoot. I've only got one Halloween picture that I can remember but I'm going to look for it.

    ReplyDelete