Thursday, February 20, 2020

Milestones

Trainer happened to mention we’re coming on up a year of my working out, the first session being March 12, 2019.
I can hardly believe it.
Timewise, it certainly doesn’t feel like a year has gone by.
What’s left of my life is whizzing by way too fast.
I’m definitely stronger, move faster, breathe easier when walking upstairs than I did a year ago. My knees and lower back no longer hurt all the time, I even see muscles developing in my forearms, and though my measurements haven’t changed all that much, some of my tops no longer fit as snugly as they did. Probably because I've gone from a DD to a C cup, for which trainer apologized. LOL. I assured him THAT was a good thing, as there's still plenty remaining that I can do without.
Some tops are hanging so loosely, which I prefer tight, that I’ve removed them from the closet and placed in the “donate” container.
Fortunately, my many pairs of leggings (all 38 of ‘em) are of a fabric (spandex) that stretches out if need be, hugs the body if need be, therefore can handle the few inches I’ve lost, and what little weight-loss there’s been.
Did you just put out there that you own 38 pairs of leggings, you ask.
Why yes, yes I did. As to why, there is no rhyme or reason except the internet keeps sending me notices that it has found something it thinks I’d like, and it’s a cute pair of leggings and I can’t resist.
In fact, just this week I received such a notice and saw these.


Way cute, and 30% off. I can see myself wearing these with boots and a black tunic top, but managed to talk myself out of the purchase, because I need another pair of leggings like I need a whole in my head.
"Talked myself out of it" that is ... until 11:30 that night when I couldn’t sleep for thinking about those leggings, got out of bed, logged on and ordered two pair ─ so I’d have a backup once the first pair wore out.
Hopefully that’s the end of it, as I have more leggings than I can possibly wear out in this lifetime.
Back to weight loss ... I don’t understand why so little ─ only 6 pounds in a year. Trainer has lost more weight than I ─ 34 pounds, and he did it in a matter of a few months to meet the weight requirement for a boxing competition.
Working out so hard, clean eating ─ because my gut won’t let me do otherwise, and so little weight loss hardly seems fair, but I’ll keep at it because the dam has to eventually break.
Another milestone is, after two years of ownership, I’m almost at the first 10,000 miles on the Jeep ─ having purchased it February 24, 2018.


Do I need to drive more or what? LOL.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you bought the leggings, it's a sure sign that you really like and want something when you continue thinking about it afterwards . I am sure you will enjoy them and wear them a lot. I just did the same thing with a quilt which was reduced and did not actually "need".
    Our Prius is coming up to 10,000 miles too, three years old. We had an unexpected puncture, so bad that the car had to be towed to the dealer and we waited several days for a replacement tire. First puncture in some 50 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Someone who drives less than I do. Guess we're the "little old lady drivers" used car salesmen speak of as previous owner.

      Delete
  2. What is the old wives' tale about muscle weighing more? Maybe that is why the weight doesn't show a big difference. I think a year of exercise is so wonderful and I'm so proud for you. At our age many of us wish we were exercising more but never actually put the plan into action. You did. Gooooo, Shirley. Keep on Truckin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Pain Cave Anniversary! So unfair that Men lose weight so easily and us Women it's a noble battle where it doesn't even appear we've been to War! *Le Sigh* Your Leggings Collection and late Night Internet splurge cracked me up, backup Pair... bwahahaha... you are a Woman after my own Heart, that's always my logic. You look so good in your Leggings tho' and have some Adorable ones, it's become your Fashion Statement and I think it's a worthwhile Collection to own! See, I could never be your Accountability Partner whilst Shopping... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of it as my "fashion statement" but I think you nailed it. I'm always in leggings with a matching buff head band, and it being my fashion statement reminds me to tell my daughter not to cremate me in a dress but in leggings. LOL.

    ReplyDelete