Tuesday, June 26, 2018

No News is Good News

Not a single solitary thing going on in my life. No drama, no excitement, no problems and I like it like that, which makes my long-time spiritual practitioner, now deceased, wrong.
Way back when life was overwhelming -- what with family problems, financial problems, dealing with racism and abuse of authority in work situations, I’d see my practitioner at least once-a-week and the Shaman, now also deceased, twice-a-year.
The Shaman would tell me what was coming, why others were doing what they were doing, which advanced knowing gave me a leg up, and the practitioner would meditate and lift me to a place where I could detach and stay high in consciousness under the bludgeonings of chance, bloody but unbowed as others went low.
I remember once saying to her, “Does it ever stop?”
“No, honey. Ninety percent of the world is here to challenge and test the other ten percent. It’s how we grow. Life would be boring without it.”
Well, I’m going through a period when the trials and tribulations in my personal life seem to have stopped and guess what ... I’m not bored.
So not bored that I started not to head down to the Community Room to people watch this Pizza Tuesday, even though I’d not had contact with others since last Tuesday. However, having nothing in my life to entertain you folks with, I decided to go down to see what the old people were up to.
Church Lady was once again back. Still looking for sympathy, she responded to my hello with an excuse for being there ... “I only came down because V_____ invited me to coffee”.
Did I ask? I just said "Hi".
At any rate, V______ interjected, “Yes. I told her she needs to come down more often”.
“You use to be here every day” said I.
“Not anymore” said Church Lady. “Nobody misses me anyway”.
Not wanting to go down that poor me road with her, I walked away. With all the serious things going on in the world right now, ain't nobody got time to acknowledge her little hurt feelings.
Catching up on the happenings, I learned Apache is still on that quest to get the pit bull off the premises. There was to be yet another big pow wow with the new Corporate Boss Lady, Community Manager and people Apache contacted from the county this afternoon, but Community Manager was called away around 11:30 on an emergency. The school called to say her son had been hurt.
Hopefully it’s just kid stuff and nothing serious.
With Community Manager called away, Assistant Manager missing in action, and Head Maintenance Guy (HMG) also missing in action, that leaves only Activity Director and Assistant Maintenance Guy to man the premises.
As to where Assistant Manager and HMG are today, no one knows. We’re guessing, however, that perhaps his wife is in labor.
What does that have to do with Assistant Community Manager being also missing in action you ask?
If HMG is at the hospital on baby watch, she'd be there with him because HMG is her nephew.
Which explains how he was able to get away with doing so little in the past, but he’s cool now. That shakeup with former Corporate Boss Lady being fired, former Assistant Maintenance Guy getting a write-up and then quitting, must have awakened him. Either that or he too got a warning from Corporate.
Upon remembering to ask what’s happened to the pregnant young lady living with her grandma, I learned she’s working now and also bought a car, which is why I’d not seen her in ages.
We’re waiting to see what happens once she delivers.
Will we be subjected to a baby wailing at 2:00 in the morning? Perhaps an echo with HMG's baby wailing from the west side of the complex, the young lady's baby wailing from the east.
Posted to the board was a sign-up sheet for a 4th of July Potluck next Tuesday, the 3rd.
This would be the first time Activity Director actually scheduled an event not days after, but actually more timely -- the day before.
Asked if I was planning on attending, I said probably not because Activity Director’s events are boring. But it looks like us seniors won’t be doing our own thing – a barbeque, music, dancing, because Apache and Shadow are fighting, even came close to blows I’m told, other residents had to jump in and separate them, and since those two are usually the ones to get those impromptu get-togethers started, I’m guessing not this time and I’ll have to drop in and satisfy myself with Activity Director’s event.
As to why the boys are fighting, there's nonsensical reasons coming from both sides. However, from where I'm standing, it looks to me like Apache is jealous that he’s now not the only big dog on campus. Of course that's too much truth for Apache, he'll nut up on me if I tell him what I see. So I'm taking the role of Switzerland here, neutral territory, not saying anything to either side, just listening.
However, if the boys don't settle down, if the two do come to blows, rule is both will be evicted.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. "Boring' is DELIGHTFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...to man the premises."
    Now's your chance for a coup. Get your sword and take over!

    ReplyDelete