Color me disappointed that 25 inches wasn’t larger than it was pictured to be.
The metal Audrey Venus Flytrap Sculpture that I ordered middle of June, for the skeleton planter, arrived yesterday.
Why so long for Audrey to arrive, you ask.
Though there were many vendors of exactly the same Audrey that I could have ordered from, received in days, I happened to unwittingly choose the vendor shipping from China …… customs and all that.
No matter as Venus did finally arrive, but I have to say I’m disappointed.
Though all metal Audreys indicate "25 inches high", the images depict a plant so tall and stately, with ferocious looking bulbs, that my eyes were tricked into thinking 25 inches was just that …… tall, stately, giant of a plant.
Alas, unpackaging Audrey, seeing how small she looked, how not ferocious her bulbs looked, I thought there’d been a mistake …… I measured her.
No mistake. Twenty-five inches she was.
![]() |
| What I thought I was getting |
![]() |
| What I got |
I’ve always heard that the camera adds 10 pounds. Seems the sellers’ cameras also adds 10 feet.
One needs a microscope to see her, but she’s a cute little thing, so I’ll live with the disappointment.
Also in yesterday's mail was confirmation that the medical device Twin 1 had gifted me, when I ended up in the ER last year, was "deactivated/account cancelled" and good riddance to it because I didn’t like how the company ran its business …… the result of a $50 fee I viewed as a mistake …… no way to run an overpriced business.
When Twin 1 first contracted with the company, I thought it not only excessive, but the device severely overpriced at, if I recall correctly $159 per month, when I could call 911 for free. However, if my wearing the pendant made Twin 1 worry less …… you know, I went along with the program.
Who knew I wasn’t the one to be worried about 💔 😭 …… Twin 1 is gone, I’m still here.
When it took no time for the pendant to break, I began to think not only overpriced, but also cheaply made.
Worse still was, when I called Customer Service for a replacement pendant only to be told it would cost Twin 1 an additional $50.
Outrageous, thought I …… an additional $50 when the pendant was cheaply made, so easy to break and the system was overpriced to begin with. I requested a cancellation of the whole thing.
"It's a 3-year contract, no cancellation", said Customer Service. So, I accepted I was locked in for 3-years and, if still breathing at the end of the term, I’d tell Twin 1 to not renew.
When Twin 1 passed away, Twin 2 called to say she was taking over the contract.
Expressing my dissatisfaction with the company’s business practices, I asked Twin 2 not to, that her sister was the only signatory on the contract, she’s no longer here, I’d like to see just how that company could make me, or anyone else, continue to pay, which meant the company was essentially SOL, would have no choice but to cancel.
Sure enough, when Twin 2 declined taking over the contract, Customer Service asked "Is there anyone else that would sign?" and when she said "no", they made arrangements for the device to be picked up by Fed Ex, sent me that confirmation of deactivation/account cancelled.
Now the thing is …… had they not been so greedy, replaced the pendant at no cost, I would not have wanted to cancel the contract in the first place, would not have been opposed to Twin 2 taking over.
So, all in all, because of a greedy business practice, that company lost $5,724 dollars ($159 per month for 36 months) over $50.
So now, instead of continuing with that medical device, Twin 2 has gifted me with something much more practical …… a cremation package, LOL; saying, "The plan is to keep your energy, because you have really good energy and, when I'm ready to let you go I'll plant you under a tree, watch the tree grow into something beautiful" 💗🤗.





It sounds like that company was taking advantage of the fear some families have about their senior loved ones. Twin 2's comment made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteThat company is absolutely taking advantage but, hopefully it's costing them with others opting out when they can. And, LOL, to my ashes. Maybe I'll grow into a tall stately Venus Flytrap with ferocious looking bulbs.
DeleteThis whole post made me laugh. I'm enjoying a Saturday lunch of flour tortilla chips and quacamole and Terry is sitting next to me having a taco salad. AC is running. I even have a beer. It is a lovely time and your story was icing on the cake. The flowers were hilarious. Terry laughed along with me when I showed him the photos. Then the pendant, his feeling like mine, too much money for what you get, but good for your daughter wanting to look out for you. We both thought the cremation package a much better investment.
ReplyDeleteA beer? I'm shocked, LOL. You seem such a teetotaler. I always enjoy when readers say they got a kick out of/laughed over my experiences.
DeleteThough not quite the tea-totaller, I am not a lush either. However, I enjoy a good beer, a gin and tonic, a margarita, and a martini made with top shelf gin. And three olives!
DeleteShaken but not stirred. Who knew, LOL.
DeleteThis:
ReplyDelete"Seems the sellers’ cameras also adds 10 feet."
Made me spit water. Thanks for the Sunday Morning laugh.
My father had a similar device but when he opted to cancel he had to take it to a FedEx store to send it back. He brought his dog along and in the car the dog stepped on it and sent an alert and 3000 miles away. I got a message that my father was in distress. I was phoning hospitals and his doctor for hours until he called me back and told me about the dog's big foot!
"Thanks for the Sunday Morning laugh" .... You're welcome, I'm here all week 😊 and interesting your dad opted to cancel his device. Do you know why?
DeleteHe just felt he didn't need it any longer, I'm guessing. I also think he had another service locally that he used.
DeleteI see.
DeleteIf only the device company knew they could offer cremation packages for those folks successfully cancelling their plans. Please take a bag of microwave popcorn with you to the cremation party; it'll scare the hell out of the funeral home. I've got the urn from my Dad's, then my Mom's emptying burial at sea. It's empty and ready for whoever wants to use it next. No use purchasing another one! Hang in there! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDelete🤣🤣🤣🤣 That popcorn idea would be a hoot. Maybe I'll add it to my last request. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
DeleteYa raised 'em right! Love begets love. Twin 1's loving care and Twin 2's vision for reentry into the life force to create something beautiful. With her plan, unlike the rest of us, maybe you get a say in picking the urn. You should travel in style.
ReplyDeleteBe well
Good idea about having a say in the urn .... I prefer one shaped like a cowboy boot.
DeleteI agree, they got greedy and could have had a customer for longer but it's good to get rid of if it's cheaply made.
ReplyDeleteToo bad they're clueless about the $50 costing them the contract. Had they sent a follow-up survey, I would have told them.
DeleteIs there any way you can raise the skull planter up a bit which would help a lot?
ReplyDeleteJanF
I suppose I could put a few bricks underneath. I'll think about it.
DeleteI'm thinking something dark and discrete which will fade into the background and thus not distract from the skull etc. JanF
DeleteI'm more inclined towards dark and scary.
DeleteOHO! A mini coffin upright! JanF
Delete👍
DeleteI think Twin 2 has the perfect plan. That's exactly how I want to go.
ReplyDeleteI've always expressed cremation or donation to the Body Farm.
DeleteThat online e-tailer is really skating on the razor edge of false advertising with that photoshopped image. Perhaps you can "plant" Baby Audrey in a very small skull on a bistro table/side table for your patio?
ReplyDeleteALL of the online sellers are posting images that make Audrey look ginormous. I really wanted her for the skeleton skull, so there she remains. However, I'm following up on commenter Jan F's idea to use something to raise the skull.
DeleteGreedy Greedy Greedy. I am glad you cancelled.
ReplyDeleteI have been fooled by those company photos, too. I look to the photos for size comparison and they are LIARS.
I don't know how they get away with it.
DeleteThat Sellers Pix is not to Scale, can't be judging by the Door beside it and then how it arrived and how short it was. Yes, the inches were told accurately but the Photography was quite misleading.
ReplyDeleteOne seller went over and beyond misleading by manipulating the bulbs to where they seemed to somewhat open and close in the breeze.
Delete