We seniors celebrated the 4th on Thursday with fried chicken, potato salad, slaw, baked beans, pasta salad, deviled eggs, dinner rolls, fresh fruit, chips, sodas, pie and ice cream for dessert (I settled for a few bites of cantaloupe and strawberries), all of which we, as a community, put together for ourselves since Management did didley squat and should be ashamed of themselves.
The event netted 134 photos for the residents’ facebook page, which took me until 10 pm that night to resize, organize, post.
Lu showed up, as did Dream Lover.
Neither gave the other any mind whatsoever …… made a point to act like neither saw the other.
Lu was fine with chill, seemed to be charming another resident I’d never seen before, but who tells me he’s been here a few years. However, I could tell Dream Lover was uncomfortable with the frigid air between them …… hurt.
I have mixed feelings …… Lu has a right to live her own life however she wants to live it and with whom. A right to value her time and attention, put a price tag on it by wanting a man that can occasionally take her out to dinner, not a guy who can only lay around in her unit, keep her company.
I’m reminded of the 1970’s slogan, "Nobody Rides for Free. Gas, Grass or Ass". There has to be reciprocity in some form or fashion, each bringing something to the table or eventually resentment sets in, becomes like what do I need you in my life for.
Though ignoring him is harsh, Lu has no obligation to safeguard Dream Lover’s feeling by not showing interest in someone else.
On the other hand, when I see the hurt in Dream Lover’s eyes, I'm sad for him, but always think back on the hurt I saw in Faith’s eyes when he broke up with her, arrogantly began pursuing others right in front of her, and see his current situation as Karmic Retribution, living it as he’s given it.
So, anyway, Meat Man — formerly Handsome Man, who rarely attends events, stuck his head in the door … lured by the smell of Fried Chicken no doubt; and seeing me, he stayed for the entire — chatting with me.
Coming to the same conclusion I had …… that the rent increase is the result of our paying for the painting redo, he announced this would be his last year living here because of the $94.
Rents are outrageous all over, so I highly doubt it …… that is unless he can charm some woman into letting him into her life and home.
Painted Rock Lady, who has been in/out of the hospital last few years, mostly for hurting herself, and was one of the residents who’d fallen due to rocks on the walkway, had me in stitches over a sign she’s posted on her walker to proudly display she hasn't hurt herself/has been incident free for 32 Days.
Crafty Lady, and the organizers were so busy with running games for the seniors, giving out prizes for winners, and getting the meal together, that no one noticed I’d pimped the tee …… or if they did notice, none said.
I pared the tee with the same old patriotic leggings I made back in 2014, and exchanged my signature gold hoop earrings for the patriotic earrings Talker’s sister gifted me last year.
![]() |
| Hat borrowed from my Little Hispanic friend for the photo |
That’s it for events around here unless and until the next major holiday, or Management decides something should be done with the money that's been budgeted for activities, other than giving it to Kesha for potato chips.




The leggings go so well with the borrowed hat! Glad you are getting some use out of them!
ReplyDeleteThe meal sounded wonderful, was it potluck or did everyone chip in some $ and others shop and prepare?
Painted Rock lady has a sense of humor for sure!
There is a big T size shadow over this 250th celebration. Too bad, I remember the celebration for the Bi-Centennial were such fun.
JanF
It was potluck with some preparing dishes, others chipping in with $$$. One of the flyers I'd prepared for the Baker was notice of the event, with a place to indicate who was coming, what dish they planned on bringing. Organizers shopped and worked around the dishes residents indicated they'd bring. The Bakers daughter purchased and donated the chicken and ice cream from the market's deli.
DeleteHappy Fourth!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the look and the sassy pose!!
Thanks, Bob and May the 4th be with you and Carlos.
DeleteHappy Fourth of July, Shirley! Your alterations of the white T-shirt turned out great and your patriotic leggings & earrings complete the look. I'm surprised Management didn't show up to gobble down the food -- maybe they were scared that rocks would be thrown at them, LOL!
ReplyDeleteWe're a lot more generous than management is ... invited them in, like always, for a plate. The maintenance guys, who we all love and appreciate, came, the new Assistant Manager came, Manager never does ... she can't face us.
DeleteLookin' great! Happy 4th. Can you force the head off that doll? I got nauseated looking at that Idiot's face on Mt. Rushmore. Something's gotta give. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteIt's giving ... extremely slow, but giving as he's rotting from the inside out.
DeleteNow THAT'S a patriotic outfit! Are you giving Captain America a run for his money, LOL? Happy 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteAll for show, Debra. If Crafty Lady hadn't supplied the t-shirt, I'd have worn a black tank top with the leggings to tone down the patriotic look; but I wouldn't mind if the outfit had attracted not Captain America, but Bucky, LOL.
DeleteYou look great. Happy 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mary. Good luck with having no dumpster fires in celebration of the 4th tonight in your area.
DeleteThere should have been a contest for best patriotic outfit. You would have won.
ReplyDeleteLOL. Even though there was a lot to see, insofar as patriotic outfits, I'm pretty sure you're right ... I would have won.
DeleteMan, I was looking for a great picnic menu and this is it! Thanks! And you look fabulous!!!! Your style is amazing - I want to be you!!! It sounds like your party is the best I have seen this holiday.
ReplyDeleteI think I probably left off some of the dishes, like the macaroni and leafy green salads. With no more patriotic events this year, those leggings are back to the far corner of the closet. The "stylish" white tee is good for days I'm lazing about.
DeleteYou look so sharp! Love the fit!
ReplyDeleteThanks! and May the 4th Be With You.
DeleteYour outfit is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThanks, and Happy 4th of July.
DeleteLove that Photo of you, very Patriotic ensemble! Looked good on you too. I don't think I own anything Red/White/Blue actually, so I wore Space Cats Tee. Which has superimposed Kittens flying thru Space. *LOL* Well, it has a Blue Background and Stars... ha ha ha. Glad the Residents made it Special, Management should have with the hefty Rent Increase, to show some shame for grifting Rents off Vulnerable Adults who can't find affordable Housing now anywhere. So, Meat Man is moving and Dream Lover got ditched... seems the Old Players are having a hard time of it with the Ladies perhaps? *Winks*
ReplyDeleteLOL, but a Space Cat tee seems appropriate in the current climate where it's difficult to be proud of being an American. As for the old players, it's sad to watch them struggle in a sea of women that can't be bothered with them now that they are old and limp dicked; nothing to offer but make the golden years of us ladies more difficult. By the way, thanks for the info on Collagen. I've ordered something that not only will help with nails, hair but also might help with strengthening the lining of my sensitive stomach.
DeleteI do think the Collagen will improve digestion too, it really does renew a lot of tissue, I think our natural Collagens decline with Age, so supplementing it made sense to me and I'm pleased with my results. The Old Players have a difficult time of Aging I think, harder for them to accept that The Game does have it's limits when Father Time catches up with them. *Winks*
DeleteJust so long as I don't grow a beard or mustache, LOL.
DeleteDo you think that's why I did? *Ponders the possibility* LOL
DeleteIf it happens to me, we'll know the source.
DeleteYou may have to think about getting a hat like that. It really did rock the outfit, which I loved btw. And didn't the earrings go perfectly. I think you made a wise decision with the tee alterations. It looks more like you.
ReplyDeleteI thought so too that it looked more like me. A lot more comfortable than the oversized restrictive tee it started out as.
DeleteHey Girl! On 7-9-26, I just saw on FB that your Randy Rainbow just got nominated for 2 Emmys! via YouTube. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteI read that news this morning. Happy for him. Hope he wins both.
Delete